Chapter 6 - Essentials

Chapter 6

Josephine

From the moment I turn on my phone I'm bombarded with messages. I groan in frustration as the notifications keep popping up. All I want to do is take a photo of my cinnamon rolls to post on Instagram. After a couple minutes I manage to get a really nice photo which I post.

I decide to start responding to my messages as Hero comes back into the kitchen with slides on and keys in hand.

"I've gotta head downstairs to grab a package. I'll be back in a minute." He informs me.

"Sure." I say as I continue to message on my phone.

Once he leaves I take two rolls and put them on a plate for Hero and I. I take some more photos and then start to eat mine. I'm pleasantly surprised. I hear the door open and Hero walks in with a box under his arm as he drops his keys on the counter.

He looks at me "How is it?" He gestures towards the plate.

I smile wildly "It's good." pushing the plate towards him.

"I'll be the judge of that." he adds as he puts down the box and grabs a fork.

He takes a piece and puts it into his mouth chewing as I wait anxiously for his verdict. He purposely takes his time chewing making hmm noises.

"Oh come on." I whine.

He chuckles "It's really good."

I smile again as I take another bite. "Thank you."

I start looking through my responses on Instagram and smile at all my friends saying they look good and wanting some.

I respond to Mercy's comment about not letting Hero eat all as I chuckle.

Once he's finished he grabs the box he brought in and starts to unpack it when he suddenly shouts "No way."

My head snaps up from my phone to look at him.

Hero's smiling wide as he retrieves his phone from his pocket to take a photo of the contents of the box.

My curiosity gets the best of me and I stand in my seat to see what they are to see a pair of Dior x Nike sneakers my mouth drops open.

"Sweet right ?" He says and he grabs the card to read.

I read the card over his shoulder. "Wait, you got those as a gift ?"

"Yup" he says proudly.

"I need to get into modeling." I mumble under my breath.

He chuckles and puts down the card and turns to me. "You should look into it you'd be great."

I laugh "Right." and sit back in my seat. I look at him to realise he isn't smiling and holds a serious expression on his face. My smile falters "I could never model Hero."

"Why not?" He asks genuinely confused as though it isn't obvious.

"Because.." I trail.

"Because.." he repeats.

"Well for starters I'm not skinny, I don't look like a model and I'm short." I ramble.

Hero furrows his brows. "What does a model look like?"

I look at him like he can't be serious and gesture up and down his body "Like that."

He chuckles and shakes his head. "Honestly I'm just lucky and anyday Jo, you're ten times better than any female I've modeled with. They wish they could look like you." He looks me up and down and licks his lips.