I glimpse at all the photos and decorations, dragging my feet as I head further into the hall. Passing my dad's office, I peer into it. His walls aren't as decorated as my mother's, but I enter the room. At his desk, he only has two photos in a simple frame. One is a picture of all of us smiling, and the other is one of us in our wolf form. My father and brother are in the middle, while my mother and I are on the outside. I look at each form and glance at the different colored fur we have. There's something extraordinary about the picture that I keep examining. I forgot that we even did this.

If humans saw us in this form, they would have no idea what we were. They would think we were just regular wolves. I wonder what humans know about us. Do some know of everything that exists, or are they all oblivious?

I wonder if there will ever be a time when humans, werewolves, and vampires live in the same society. If that ever happens, it will take much time to become routine, but would that even work? Coexisting with each other would be hard. Humans would have to get used to the fact that our bones break everywhere, which causes us to turn into animals, vampires lust after blood, and vampires and werewolves hate each other.

Setting down the picture, I didn't even know I had grabbed it. I sighed, standing up and leaving his office. Running my hands through my hair, I walk toward my parent's bedroom. The hallway is empty, and as I approach the door, I hear no sound coming from the room. My parent's room is at the end of the hall, and as I get closer to the door, my breath starts getting shaky. I knocked three times on the wooden door, waiting. Silence filters out of the room, and I let a few moments pass with the door remaining shut. "Mom?" I announce, be greeted by no voices. "Dad?"

Realizing that neither of them are here, I sigh and press the ends of my hair between my fingers. Where the hell are they? Walking away, I stroll down the hallway again until I enter the kitchen. Combing through the refrigerator, I pull out something to snack on. Hearing footsteps hit the tile, I glance over my shoulder and turn around, realizing it's Justin. "What are you doing?" He asks, causing me to look at him.

I hold up my snack to show him. "Eating," I say bluntly. He continues walking after glancing at my hand. "Where's mom and dad?" I question before he can walk away.

He doesn't bother looking in my direction before shrugging, "Why would I know?" I sigh, finishing my food as Justin leaves my sight. Jerk. Shaking my head, I walk out of the kitchen, tossing the package into the trash. Walking up the stairs, I hear the front door open and stop halfway up. Listening to the people entering, I hear my mother's faint voice, which causes my heart to race. Their voices start getting louder, meaning they are getting closer to the stairs, and absentmindedly, I quickly ascend the stairs. As I step closer to my room, my heart is beating so fast I feel like I may have a heart attack. Once I'm in the safety of my room, I shut the door and let the silence try to calm my overwhelming thoughts. Fuck. I need to go and tell them.

Taking a few deep breaths, I start pacing around my room, trying to figure out how to describe the situation to my parents. Situations involving confrontation make me anxious, and I run different scenarios through my head. I stop pacing to try and calm my heart before hesitantly opening my door. The walk through the halls makes my nerves go crazy, and I feel a sensation of nausea in the pit of my stomach. As I am nearly at my parent's bedroom door, I struggle to swallow the lump sitting in the back of my throat. As I'm standing an inch away from my parent's room with the only thing separating us is the door, trying to knock feels impossible.

Finally gaining the courage, I press my knuckles against the door several times and await an answer. I hear shuffling in the room, and my heart stops when the door handle clicks. The door opens, and I am face to face with my mother, "Oh, hi, baby." She announces, smiling at me. I stare at her, feeling a wave of nausea wash over me. Taking a deep breath, I feel my eyes widen as the intense emotions fill my head. "Allie, honey. Are you okay? You look really pale." She says, a look of concern masking her face. I shake my head, feeling tears prick in my eyes. No. Not at all. I want to say.

"Mom, can we talk?" I ask, staring at my hands. What I originally planned to say has left my brain, and my chest feels tight.

"Of course, sweetie." She states, motioning for me to walk into the room. I comply with her, and as I step into the room, the cold air pricks at my bare skin, causing me to rub my arm. I sit on the edge of the bed with her taking a seat next to me. I can see her staring at me out of my peripheral. "But before you tell me, where were you today? I was worried about you when you didn't come home earlier with Justin." My mother says, taking my hands in hers. This forces me to look at her, and it seems like we're going to jump right into this conversation.

I was with the person you disapprove of most.

"I was with Mason," I announce honestly. There is no reason to lie to her; I might as well just get everything out in the open. Her face becomes expressionless, and her eyes change to black. I can tell that she's not happy.

"Oh, Mason." She repeats in a monotone voice. When she gets like this, it becomes hard to decipher exactly what she's thinking. Swallowing the lump in my throat, I'm about to speak when she beats me to it. "How was that?" she continues, staring intensely at me.

"W-Well, Mom," I stutter, "We were talking, and he asked me to move into his pack house by the end of this week," I mutter, looking down at our connected hands. It was now or never. I don't know if I would have said it if I didn't blurt it out. The silence is thick between us, and an awkward tension fills the air.

"And what did you say?" She asks quietly, squeezing my hand tightly.

Making eye contact with her, I whisper, "I told him I would do it, give him a chance, and I meant it. I'm willing to try this out." My eyes start watering, and I hold back the tears threatening to fall. A tear slides down my mother's red cheek, causing my heart to hurt. Seeing my mother cry was enough to cause a few tears to escape my eyes.

She wraps me in a tight hug, whispering, "Oh, honey." She whispers, "Are you sure this is the right decision? I know he's your mate, but I don't think he's right for you." She says with tears rolling down her cheeks. Her statement annoys me slightly; how can someone disagree with fate? The Gods matched us together; there is no mistake. All the feelings rushing through me cause me to sob.

"Yes," Is all I can say. My mother starts shaking slightly as the emotions settle in, and it makes me upset to see her like this. Part of me wonders if I'm making the right decision. Is this too soon? Are my parents right? Another part of me knows I need to do this to see if it can blossom into something more. If I don't do this or wait too long, I may not find out if he can make me the happiest person and see if we could have a good life together.

A minor headache starts forming with all my thoughts, and I know the crying isn't helping. The door opens as my mother and I continue to hold each other.

Dad.

He stares between Mom and me before turning around and almost shutting the door. My father is not an emotional person, and I know he really doesn't want to be part of this. He would rather let my mother deal with all of the emotional problems.

"Dad!" I call out before he can shut the door.

"What?" He questions, slowly walking back in.

"C-Come here," I look between my still sobbing mother and my confused father. "This involves you, too." The feeling of nausea returns as my father enters the room.