Chapter 11

Allies POV

I scoot up to the edge of my seat, trying to move away from Mason's touch. I hate how I feel butterflies in my stomach and the urge to be close to him. Before we found out we were mates, I was totally fine not saying a word to him. Now I go crazy for him and his touch. His scent could be a mile away, and I could go feral. Once you become mates, your hormones go crazy for the other person, but this is not what I expected. I can't help but think about him all the time. I need to try to keep as much distance as possible to keep me from feeling this way or even doing something. Suddenly, I feel his fingertips move slowly down my arm, making me twitch in my seat. Without looking back, I can feel him leaning closer to me, "That was hot how you stood up to Shelby." My breathing is shaky, but I stay staring ahead. I can't tell him how he affects me, but this is hard. Sighing, I lean forward but mentally note how we need to talk later.

Mr. Kipper walks in, his face scanning the papers in his hand. Mason retracts his hand, which causes me to rub absentmindedly on the spot he touched. Mr. Kipper lays the documents on his desk and pulls the spectacles from his shirt, ready to start the lesson. He walks over to the whiteboard and goes on about equations and factors, and my mind starts to wander.

I wonder what will happen in the future. Hell, I wonder if he's actually able to change for me.

I hate to admit it, but Mason is one of the biggest players in school, and he has always been since 8th grade. When we were in middle school, he was known as a player because he bounced from girlfriend to girlfriend every week. In high school, he really fulfilled the name because he was known to sleep around and be intimate with many girls. Something deep inside me feels like he'll never change, or it will be a while before he gets out of this party lifestyle. It's an internal battle with myself thinking he'll change and thinking he's not ready to be serious enough to have a mate.

What if he's not ready to settle down and be serious? Will it take 4 years for him to get all the partying and new girl phases out of his system? With how he acts and what he says to me, what if he is ready to have a mate? But also, what if this is just the hype of emotions after discovering who your mate is? What if he just wants to sleep with me and keep me around while he does his own thing for a while. There are many things that I'm unsure about and don't know the answers to.

"Ms. Dawson, what is the answer to this? I know that you were paying attention." Mr. Kipper smirks, emphasizing the 'know.'

"Umm, yes, sir." I mutter, staring at the clutter of math problems written on the whiteboard. A wash of nervousness fills my body.

Damn it. I shouldn't have let my mind wander off like that, especially not about Mason.

I feel Mason's breath running down my neck as he whispers, "(v+22g)(v-4g)." I lick my lips and let out a breath.

"Is it (v+22g)(v-4g)?" I ask after swallowing the massive lump in my throat. Mr. Kipper nods stiffly and eyes Mason. I let out a big sigh of relief, and my posture became more relaxed.

Assuring me that I'm out of the clear, Mr. Kipper says, "Very well, Allie." He turns and starts erasing the math problems on the board. Without turning around, he says, "Next time, pay attention so Mr. Wood doesn't have to tell you the answer." I feel my cheeks heat up and stare at my notebook, doodling in the corner.

~

I swing my bag over my shoulders as I walk into the pack house with Madison and Catie trailing behind me. Catie left the pack house a while ago before her trip, and she moved in with some of her other family members in a pack in the next county. Even though she doesn't live with us anymore, she still hangs out with my pack. Madison and I are doing well now, and I'm happy that nothing has been strained between us.