I should try once more.

I went in the kitchen and brought breakfast for him, "Before you kill your laptop of overwork, C'mon let's eat something."

His movements halted, and he looked at the tray I was holding in my hand, "I am not hungry."

I sighed, and placed the tray on the table, pushing his laptop away and then closing it.

"Erica..!", He opened his mouth and I stuffed it with the sandwich.

He looked taken aback for a while but then slowly chewed on it, making me breath in relief. I waited for him to finish his breakfast and then talk.

He wiped the corner of his lips with the tissue and looked up at me, with a smile.
Oh man! I can kill for that one smile.

I smiled back and we just stayed there letting our hearts have an own conversation which was out of the reach of our understanding.

He looked away and then cleared his throat, "About earlier...!"

"Please reconsider!", I said without letting him complete.

He looked at me blankly for few moments, and thus, I continued, "Eric try to think like a son for once. They need you in their lives. Hug them, tell them you are here to look after them. Absence of Evelyn bothers them alot, and now you......!"

I couldn't complete because he banged his hands on the table, making the tray fall on the floor, the cutlery shattering into pieces.

I looked at him to see him seething and this time the anger was very much directed at me.

"Just because we are in relationship, I will not allow you to meddle with my life. I am not your slave. You cannot change me Erica! Have this thing straight embedded in your head!", He seethed at me with so much hate, that I had to look away from his eyes.

My eyes teared upon his words.
And here I was thinking we both are changing for eachother, for good.

I looked at him one last time, "We have to move to Nonna's tonight.", and with that, I left the place.

*

"I am sorry James!", I said again and James sighed.

"How many times will you apologize my child? It's fine. I know how my son can be. He's being stubborn, but he will come around. But tell me one thing, he didn't say anything to you? Did he?"

I shook my head, "No No!"

"Okay. We shall try again in future. Inform me when Nonna leaves tomorrow, so I will pick her up."

I nodded, and went to Jessica. Although she was not aware that we have asked Eric to come, she was hoping he would.
And her disappointed expression when she saw me alone was clearly visible on her face.

"Take care Jessica. I am hoping you all will be back sooner than scheduled, so we would be able to spend some time together."

She nodded, "Yes, we will try. It all depends on Nonna's doctors."

Just then Jack and Lucas arrived, their bodyguards, "Sir! There's some problem in crew coordination. We will have to wait for fifteen minutes."

James nodded, "That's fine with me." And then he turned to me, "Erica, you should leave child. You have a more important work at hand. And yeah! All the best!"

Jessica came forward and hugged me, "All the best my love! We are proud of you. I never knew when we both saw you on that road, that you are our fallen angel.", she kissed my forehead and I felt the warmth of a mother I never had.