Chapter 5: Dark Burst

Y/n's POV

We arrive at the ruins to see rows and rows of chess pieces laid out amongst the rubble. "So...we risked our lives for a bunch of chess pieces!?" I punch the crumbled wall, shattering it into more crumbled stone. "This is an utter waste of FUCKING TIME!" Phym gives me a worried look.

"Y/n! calm down!" Yang places a hand on my shoulder.

"I know he just wanted to evaluate our teamwork and to see if we could defeat Grimm but adding pointless shit just for the fuck of it pisses me off" I let loose a tired sigh. "I'm sorry you had to see that Phym. Come here and give me a kiss" she runs up to me, pecking me on the cheek.

"You okay, mommy?"

"I'm ok, I'll even better if you use your special Phym powers on me"

"Special Phym powers coming right up!" I pick her up in my arms as she raises her hands high in the air. "Hugging Powers ACTIVATE!" she wraps her arms around me.

"So. Much. Love! It's to much! I'm about to overload!" I playfully shut down, falling two the ground dramatically.

"Oh no! Yang, my power was too great for mommy!"

"Quick Phym! Give her a princess kiss!"

"Right!" she pecks me on the cheek again and I shoot up, gasping for air.

"You saved me! your powers are so amazing!" I hug her close, Blake stands there with the most beautiful smile I've ever seen. "Yep, that's Lulu alright"

Out of no where another Grimm storms out of the forest but falls face first into the ground. Two heads pop up on its back, one being that of a distraught boy and one of a girl who looks as if she's had one to many sweets before the initiation. "That was SOOO fun! Lets do it again!"

"Nora, we are not" he says putting emphasis on the not part. "Doing that again" as if things couldn't get weirder, the sound of Ruby is coming from the sky.

"Your sister is falling from the sky"

"Thanks for stating the obvious Lulu"

"She'll be fine..."

"She's still falling" I roll my eyes at Blake's continual apparent statements. Swiftly I set Phym down and jump high into the sky, just before Jaune flew by. Ignoring him, I glance at Ruby, her face turning redder than her cloak and hood.

"You ok their Rubes?"

"Mmhm..." was all she said before we landed. Ruby looks back up, to see Ice Princess "because apparently there's an older one, which makes her the Queen I guess" sitting scared on a giant bird.

"Why did you leave me!" she yelled.

"I told you to jump!"

"That's easier said than done!"

"Ugh...I'll get her" I squat down low to the ground, storing enough strength in my legs so I can jump to her. I jump, causing a crater in the ground as I leave the surface. Landing on the birds back, I look at the Princess "grab my hand" I pull her into my arms and jump back down, causing yet another crater when I land.

"WOW! Your AMAZING Y/N!" Ruby says with stars in her eyes.

"I suppose that was rather decent...for you" Princess says.

"Just decent?" I give her a wink and a smile; she immediately twists her head to the side. A blush rising on her gorgeous pale cheeks.

Out of the forest comes a bright red-haired girl being chased by a "giant scorpion!?" it rammed her, causing her to fall and slide on the ground.

"Great now we can all die together!"

"Where not going to die Yang not if I have anything to say about it"

"What are you going to do?"

"Just watch. Come on Phym" Phym stands and trots over to me. "Activating Engage" a ring appears around the both of us, we run towards the scorpion "Devour!" the Aragami in my heavy moon stretches out and latches onto the scorpion's tail ripping it right off and consuming it. Power surged through my body, a dark aura covering my body. "You taste good!" I mock the monster; it charges desperately for me. "You're up Phym!" she charges forwards shifting her heavy moon into its axe form, relieving it of three of its right legs.

It tumbled over "Say good night!" I said cleaving its head from the body. I looked at the giant bird in the sky, it looked down at me as if it was sizing me up. Both our eyes glowed a dark red, I just smiled. It turned tail and flew away.

Lowering my weapon, the darkness around me faded. "W-What was that?" Yang asked. "That thing that came out of your weapon"

"That's the Aragami, I use it to devour anything. Giving me a significant boost in power"

"That's why we can't touch your weapon?"

"You can't touch our weapons because you don't have oracle cells in your body. Like I said to you before if you touch it, it'll eat you from the inside out"

"I've never heard of such a weapon" the red-haired girl spoke.

"I'll explain once we..."

"Y/n?"

"AAAAAHHHHH!" suddenly my body felt like it was burning. Like the oracle cells in my body were changing.

"MOMMY!"

"Y/N!"

I dropped to the ground and darkness overtook me.