Chapter 3: Students

Beacon Academy
Y/n's POV

  Ruby, Yang, Phym, and I all step out of the transport vessel and were greeted with the appearance of Beacon Academy. Phym and I jaws dropped at the sight of a tall tower with a clock on it. Phym grabbed my hand and said, "that tower is so big!"

Yang walks to my side chuckling at our child like state. "That tower is the Headmasters office I assume. It practically screams headmaster doesn't it?"

I take a moment to think..."Hm? Your right, it does scream Headmaster now that I think about it." For a moment I'm worried about Ruby, "wait...where did Ruby go?"

We look around, and find Ruby gawking at all the weapons that each student was carrying. "look at all the amazing weapons! They all look so unique!" I swore I could see a little bit of drool drizzle down her chin.

"They're just weapons Ruby, what's so special about them?" I was inclined to agree with Yang, but I didn't bud in. Knowing that whatever I say will most likely make both of them sad.

"They're not just weapons Yang, they're an extension of ourselves!" It's cute that she believes that wholeheartedly. "Right Y/n?"
They both look at me as I quickly answer, "no comment."

"So where do we go from here?" I ask being completely new to the whole school scene.

"I don't know about you guys, but I got plans with a couple of friends! See ya!" She dashes off in one direction in a crowd of people. "Wait! You can't just leave us here!" I shout as she just disappears.

Yang's POV

  "Hey! Coco, Velvet!" I wave at my two friends who are chatting nearby. "Hello Yang, I haven't seen you in a while. How have you been?" Velvet ask me in her sweet accent. I'm still trying to figure out where she's from.

"I've been great! Discovered something about myself recently. Hung out with Ruby, and a new friend." Coco's eyes perked up, "What's this thing you discovered about yourself recently?" She asked.

"Well it's about my sexuality..." Coco caught on quick, Velvet on the other hand looked rather confused. "what about your sexuality?" Coco just placed her hand on her shoulders, shook her head and said, "do us a favor, and stay adorable forever." Velvet just looked even more confused.

"So...when did you realize that you like girls?" Coco asked. "When I spent the last months with Y/n."

"And this Y/n girl is the new friend? What does she look like?"

"She has (H/c) hair wrapped up in a ponytail, bangs that cover her left eye. Bright (E/c) eyes that set my heart on fire, and large scars all over her arms."

"Why does she have so many scars?" Velvet asked.

"That's a long story, and I forgot to mention that her daughter is to die for!"

"Daughter!? Just how old is she?" They both ask in unison.

"Don't worry she's nineteen", I say that as if it's nothing to worry about.

A bunch of students start walking in for Orientation, and minutes later I see Y/n, and Phym with Ruby and vomit boy in toe. "look there she is, next to Ruby" I whisper to the both of them.

"There you are Yang!" Y/n looked a little ticked, probably because I ditched both of them a while ago. She marched up to me, but stopped in her tracks when she saw Velvet.
"Mommy, why does she have long ears on her head?" Velvet started fidgeting a little, and was nervous about her response. Of course I know that Y/n has no clue about Faunus, though I'm curious about what she's going to say.

"I have no clue Phym. Though they do make her pretty adorable." Velvet relaxed, and blushed a little at her comment. Coco chimed in, "she's a rabbit Faunus"

"I've never seen a rabbit before, they're all extinct where we're from. And I'm guessing Faunus are human slash animal people. That's certainly unique in a way, though I'm not one to judge I'm not exactly human either."

"You look human though", Velvet says.

"Skin is just a mask, I determine humanity through personality. Yang is human to me because she's passionate, Phym is human to me because she loving. Ruby is human to me because she's pure. Naive, but pure."

" Hey!" Ruby protested, but Y/n ignored her.

"That was really deep", Velvets cheeks a deep dark red. Luckily Y/n's attention is focused on Velvet or she'll see how red my face is.

"By the way my name is Y/n Pennywort, and this little one here is Phym!"

"Velvet Scarlatina..."

"Coco Adel! Nice to meet ya!"

"Likewise!" Y/n smiled, making me weak in the knees. A man to who I assumed was the Headmaster walked up on stage, beginning Orientation.

Hallway

"I can see why any girl would fall for her, she kind and obviously very experienced. Considering all of the large scars on her body, I might have to snatch her up myself."

Coco walks away, and prepares for bed. I wait till she's out of hearing distance to cuss to myself.

"Damn you Y/n, and your irresistible charms!"