Fortieth

Hey ^^ I was super busy yesterday, so I'm updating this today, hope you don't mind ><
(Trigger Warning: Attempted Suicide) 

Enjoy~

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

Jimin sat silently in his room. He hadn't eaten much in the past few days, only going to school when he would get an email about his absence. Having no friends was something he knew he could never deal with. He relied on his friends so much, but now he was alone and everyone was against him. It's not to say he didn't do anything wrong but...

A knock on his door pulled him out of his thoughts. He got out of bed, sluggish from the lack of sleep he had been getting. "Hey- Woah, what the hell happened to you?" Jeongin gasped when Jimin opened the door. 

"Why does it matter? Why are you here?" Jimin responded, annoyed already. 

"Uh, well you haven't been answering any of my texts or calls. I was wondering what happened with that Jungkookg kid, cause he hasn't been at school either. Tae won't budge about what happened to him." 

Jimin grimaced at the names. "I don't know okay? I don't want to know. I don't have anything to do with them anymore. I'm done trying to save my failed relationships."

Jeongin frowned. "C'mon dude, you can't be serious? You came so far." He sighed. "Don't tell me just because they ignored you you're depressed or something."

"Just leave. Why are you even trying to talk with me again? I thought ignoring your messages and calls would give you a hint." He changed the subject. 

"It kind of did, but I thought maybe you were just being petty. Which, to be honest, you kind of are. You're getting so butthurt over nothing-"

"It's not nothing! You have no idea how I'm feeling or what happened, so get the hell out of here before I cause a scene." 

Jeongin's eyes widened in surprise. "Okay, damn. You don't need to be so aggressive." He stepped back. "Maybe this is why they all left you."

Jimin didn't answer, shutting the door. "Fuck." He cursed, sliding to the floor. Now he'd really lost everything. There was no point in going back to school no matter how many emails he received. There was no point in trying to apologize and make amends. It was much too late for that. Too late for everything. 

His phone vibrated on the floor next to him. He glanced over, checking the contact. Hoseok messaged him about his sudden disappearance from school.

Hoseok: Jimin, where have you been? You're not in any of your classes anymore :( Are you okay?

He teared up at the message. He wanted to believe that someone cared for him still, but it was hard to. His entire friend group was against him. He'd done nothing but cause trouble and pain for everyone around him. He didn't deserve pity and definitely not from Hoseok, the one person who seemed to be there for him the whole time. 

Instead of responding, he decided to block his number. While he was at it, he blocked all of his contacts. There would be no reason to have anymore anyways. 

Taking a breath, he stood up, making his way to the bathroom and running a cold bath up to the brim. He remembered Nmajoon's words to him. "Maybe I will be a better person in my next life."

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

"Hm. He saw the message, but isn't responding." Hoseok spoke while checking his messages.

"Why are you even still talking to him. I already told you he wants nothing to do with us anymore. I already told you that he's hiding something." Namjoon said from across the lunch table.