40

I grab Taylor and tell Andrea to push back my 3 o'clock to tomorrow. Taylor drives like a bat out of hell to get to the bank that Sammy told me she was at.

We get there just as mani is walking out. I hop out of the car almost throwing the door off its hinges.

"Normani!" I call out to her and she stops dead in her tracks. I take a good look at her, she has bags under her eyes, she's just in a pair of yoga pants and t-shirt. Her hair is an unruly mess thrown into a ponytail. She looks tired and I know she hasn't been sleeping.

She looks at me questionably. "What are you doing here? And how the hell did you even know I would be here?" She looks behind me, I'm guessing spotting Taylor and Sammy. "You had me followed again?" She hisses and starts walking off.

"I was worried about you . I've been calling you and then you didn't show up at work today."

"So?"

So?

"We need to talk Angel." I tell her, grabbing her hand.

She snatches it away from me. "There's nothing to talk about Ms.Hansen!"

"There's a lot to talk about Mani." I sigh. "I'm sorry I called you a child and told you to grow up. Not to mention not telling you about Sammy. He's not really meant to spy on you."

She rolls her eyes at me. "Right?"

"I didn't trust Josh. To be honest I still don't. But the reason behind Sammyis to protect you. Nobody might know about us, but it's not a risk I'm willing to take with you. Who knows if I have a stalker or something. I get threats all the time and I need to protect what's mine. Because I love you Angel. More than anything."

"I need to get home Dinah..." She starts walking away from me and I follow her.

"Mani. Stop. Please."

"What do you want from me Dinah? You're right. I am just a child. I'm more work then I'm worth. You should just get rid of me while you can..." I see the tears start to fall from her eyes. I know for a fact that this isn't all about me. "You should just let me go. You can do some much better."

"You let him get into your head didn't you?"

"He's just saying what is true... please Dinah... I need to go. I told him I would only be an hour, He needs my paycheck if we want to keep the power on this month."