28

I get close enough to hear them, but they can't see me yet.

I'm like a ninja.

"Come on Mani. Let me just take you out tonight. I promise it will be fun."

"And I told you I can't."

"Why not? It's not like you have a boyfriend or A girlfriend ..."

She snorts. "Well, it so happens that I do." She tells him, causing him to laugh.

"Yeah who? I know for a fact it isn't anybody we go to school with."

"That's because it's not. And it's not something that's any of your business anyway. Like I said Josh , me and you are just friends."

"Fine, then hang out with me as a friend, invite Kate along." He shrugs. This guy can't seem to take a hint. And it's pissing me off because he wants in my girl's panties.

And the only one getting in there is me.

"And I keep telling you I have plans. Plus, Kate's busy tonight."

I decide now is the time to make myself known. I finish walking down the hall, and the snot nose notices me right away.

"I don't pay you guys to stand and have idle chit-chat in the hallways."

"Sorry, Ms.Hansen." Josh stutters. "It won't happen again." And with that he runs off with his tail between his legs.

"Miss. Hamilton . I would like to see you in my office in 30 minutes." I tell her sternly.

She looks down at the pile of papers in her arms and bites her lip.

"Yes, Ms.hansen ." And with that I walk off.

I'm trying everything in my power not to be upset. She wasn't doing anything wrong. She kept telling him no.

But why do I feel so out of control?

Maybe if everyone knew she was mine I wouldn't have to worry about other guys hitting on her.

Who am I kidding? Of course I would. She's a beautiful, attractive young lady. I can't imagine what it's going to be like when she goes back to school.