My two fathers - Part 2

"Come on Dan," Phil whispered as they stood listening to their daughter sobbing in the other room "when are we going to tell her?".

" Tell her what?" Dan replied, his eyebrows creased as he turned to face his partner.

"All this. " Phil sighed as he looked into Dan's  eyes."Why we have to keep moving around and changing the places we live. She can't keep going without knowing the truth." Dan looked through the gap of the doorway with one eye and saw the worst sight any parent should see.

Lucy was curled up against the sofa on the floor in desperate need of someone to comfort her. Her eyes were red raw and all of her makeup had ran down her cheeks. The leaflet of the schools was ripped into a million pieces which were scattered all over the room.

Lovingly, Phil took Dan's hand and opened the door. Her two fathers had a lot of explaining to do and it started now.

15 years earlier

Dan's POV

My heart was racing as I stepped out of my Mother's car to face my new school.
This is going to be fun. I thought sarcastically.

I sighed as she closed the door behind me and gave me a reassuring smile before driving off. I could think of lots of things to say to her but I knew she wouldn't listen. That's what parents do. They make their own plans and let the children just tag along. I shrugged my bag over one shoulder and zipped my coat up properly. All I had to do was be ordinary. Forget what has happened before Dan, just keep yourself plain. Don't get noticed.

"That's the new kid." I heard being whispered as I walked along the lockers, keeping my head down and hood up to avoid any remarks marks about the state of my face. "Where is he from?"

"Does he have any friends?"

"Hey! Watch it!" Suddenly, I was on the floor with school books and papers flying everywhere. Great. Being the clumsiest person in the world, my stupid feet had walked into some guy standing and unloading his locker right in front of me.

"Sorry." I managed to grumble as I helped him pick the mess. As I looked up, I felt butterflies. Literal butterflies.

The guy who I had knocked was... Well, I don't know lets just say his face was absolutely flawless. Oh. my. God. The world around me stopped as I stood up to give him the books and we kept eye contact the whole time. I couldn't hear anything except for my own heartbeat which was annoying when all I heard was him mumble at me and stick out his hand.

"Sorry what?" I asked. Great, I bet I look well stupid now. Well done Dan!

"I said, my name's Phil. What's yours?" He winked at me. That's when I noticed, his eyes were blue.

"Um..Dan. Dan Howell."

He chuckled to himself. Then I realised. I hadn't taken his hand to shake and he was left waiting.

"Oh, sorry." I said and eagerly (too eagerly) grabbed his hand which was now by his side and shook it with all my force. His face dropped as he pulled away and he began to stare at me.

My hood.

In the midst of everything, my hood had now fallen from my face which was hiding my scars. Including one that scratched down one side of my face and a bruise that blued my whole cheek. Quickly, I grabbed my hood again and lifted over my head and down to cover the mess.

"Well...um...anyway..cya" and swiftly, I walked off.

Phil's POV

I watched as the new boy.. Oh wait, what was his name? Dan. That's right. I watched as the new boy Dan walked down the hallway, his hood up to hide what I had just seen.

What were those scars there for? A fight? Was he beaten up? But whatever happened, he still was the hottest guy I had seen in this school. I mean, wow. I thought to myself that I need to catch up with this mysterious Dan guy again when the bell rang for form time.

When I entered the classroom, the first two people I noticed were my two best friends: Chris and PJ. They both waved and smiled goofily at me making me giggle back at them as I sat in their table.

"Hey Phil!" Smiled PJ. "Did you do anything at the weekend?"

Chris laughed "I bet I can guess the amswer to that. Buffy episodes per chance?" I nodded and lectured them about the episodes I'd just been watching when about 2 minutes later, our tutor walked in to take the register and behind him stood the boy from before. Dan. I recognized his hood.

"So guys," Mr Richards chuckled. "The weekend is over and now we are back at school, what fun!" Dan peered around the classroom and spotted me first. We locked eyes for a few moments before he withdrew his and swiftly looked down, shaking his head.

"Oh, I completely forgot!" The teacher exclaimed, "this is the new kid: Dan Howell. Say hello to all these lovely faces Dan!" Mr Richards grinned and waited for a confident 'howdy' and maybe a curtsy from Dan to lighten the mood in the classroom. Instead, he looked straight back at the teacher and walked away from him along the rows of students.

"I'd rather not." He mumbled and began to take his seat at the back of the room. The students all stopped their whispers and mumblings to stare. Were they thinking the same things as me? Like wow! Did he really just say that?! But he looks so innocent..so gorgeous... So...

"Come on Phil!" Chris shouted from the classroom doorway. "We don't want to be late for English! Miss Judd will kill us!" Seemed that I had been stuck in a day dream staring at Dan and had not heard the bell.

"Coming Chris!" I said as I gathered my things. I felt all fuzzy inside when I left the room and I swear my heart skipped a few beats when I took a last glance over my shoulder where Dan was gathering his things. What was this feeling? And when would it end?