My two fathers - the finale part 2

Dans POV
Before I could prepare for anything else, Alfie tackled me to the ground as a bullet hit the side of the wall, just next to my face. I landed onto the concrete and sat back up again, everyone looking shocked at what just happened.
"Thanks." I mumbled, brushing myself off before another load of gunshots were heard and John gave me a gun.

"Right. We have a plan. Zoe, Phil and Dad will stay here and find a route back this way and me, Alfie and Dan will try and send them backwards, shooting at someone who has already died once may not work, but we need to give it a go." I nodded but Alfie wasn't as certain as he grabbed Zoes hand.
"I want to stay with her. It's safer and we don't want to lose each other." He wasn't budging. John rolled his eyes and looked at Dad.
"Phil?" John asked, snatching Alfies gun out and handing it to his open palm.

"Okay. Let's do this." Phil smiled at me briefly for encouragement before we turned the corner to where we could see clearer.

Phil's POV
PJ was joined by a crowd of people now, nobody I recognised from before but they all had the same red eyes as him. Once we came out in the clearing, he ordered for the shooting to stop. We stood there and waited, only yards away.

"So they've come to talk, have they?" PJ laughed. I tightened my grasp on Dan's hand and kept the gun in my pocket for now but had my other hand ready to take it out.
"Peej, listen, this isn't you." I said calmly, John glaring at me when I did.
"I know. It's great, isn't it? I feel better than I have ever felt before." PJ smiled before lowering his gun and walking slowly towards us.
"You know, I could just shoot you right now and this will be over. But, please, continue your attempts on trying to stop me first, I'm enjoying it." He said sarcastically.

"Move a step closer and I will shoot!" John took out his gun and held it out towards PJ who didn't even flinch at the sight of it.
"You really think that's going to stop me this time?" He laughed again, but stopped walking all the same.
"I'm warning you." John threatened, almost touching the gun point against PJs head.

Suddenly, all three of us span around as we heard a gun shot from behind us. With John still stopping PJ, me and Dan ran round the corner to see what was going on. Before I even saw, Dan had collapsed on to his knees and screamed.

Dans POV
It was Dad. He was dead. Someone had shot him.
"Those fucking bastards! I knew it!" Phil shouted, running ahead of me to see where Alfie and Zoe had gone. There was no sign of them anywhere.

Dad lay face up, his arms, face and legs covered in his own blood. He was holding a gun, probably attempting to protect himself before they had shot him. I crawled over to him and tried not to cry, my body rocking backwards and forwards and I closed my eyes. Phil came and sat with me and hugged my shoulders.
"I should have trusted you..." I whispered, taking a hold of Dads hand and looking at Phil.
"It's not your fault Dan..."
"I thought...I thought they were with us...."

Phil's POV
"Well, you're wrong." We turned around and PJ had John in a headlock, pointing a gun at his face. Alfie and Zoe stood behind him, smiling.
"John!" I stood up but Phil grabbed my arm to hold me back.
"Move an inch and I will shoot him!" PJ pressed the gun against Johns forehead harder.
"What do you want from us? Just let him go!" Phil shouted.
"WE WANT YOU ALL DEAD!" He screamed, throwing John onto the floor next to us. He lay there, scared to move an inch in case PJ would shoot.

Dans POV
This was it. This was the end. We had nowhere to go. Dad was dead. Lucy was dead.

"I love you." I turned to face Phil and he looked confused back at me.
"Dan?"
"I love you Phil, okay?"
"I love you too..." Phil's bottom lip quivered as I hugged him, PJ tutting in front of us.

"Now, who's going first?" He said as Alfie and Zoe walked forwards. Alfie grabbed my arms and Zoe went for Phil, holding his wrists tightly behind his back. PJ slowly walked over to John and pulled one of his arms up, then passed him over to Alfies other arm. John didn't move or react, he was watching Dads body, his eyes full of tears which I had never seen before.

"Me." I croaked and PJ laughed.
"No Dan!" Phil tried to move out of Zoes grasp as I was let go, stepping out towards PJ. My legs were shaking, I could barely even stand up.

"You thought you could have won this, didn't you?" PJ circled me as I stood very still, his gun waving in his hand. I could grab it. But it would be too risky.
"Answer me!"
"Yes." I flinched.
"Well, its too late now..." I braced myself and waited for the sound. Or pain. Or something. Nothing.

I opened my eyes and PJ had moved away, another gun now pressed against his own head.

"Drop the gun." A firm female voice said. Mum.