My two farthers - part 28

Phil's POV
My face was tightening and my leg was burning and I couldn't see except for what was a few centimetres in front of me. Dan held onto my hand tightly and leaned in occasionally to kiss me gently on the cheek. I couldn't stop my body from twitching and every breath was getting more and more difficult. My heartbeat was changing with every beat: extremely fast and then slow enough that it felt like it was stopping. I heard the phone call: I was dying.

"Phil?" Dan whispered in my ear, as close as he could get without physically touching me. I felt like crying and holding on to him. Never to let go. "I don't know if you heard Dad or if you can hear me now but we have stopped. They are going to check you over and then take you to the hospital wing in the headquarters. Oh Phil, I'm so sorry. I shouldn't have said anything in the first place. You would still be at home completely fine..." He hugged me tightly but I couldn't do anything in return. All I could do was keep shaking.

He was interrupted with the sound of the door opening. I heard lots of voices and all of a sudden, I was being lifted out by two strong arms. I tried to struggle but it was no use. I tried to speak but all that came out were noises, my head becoming dizzier by the minute.

"It'll be alright Phil! I promise! I'll come back for you!" I heard Dan yell desperately as I was taken out of the van. A crowd of doctors stood over me as I made my way to the doors. They asked me questions, shone small lights in my eyes and then I blacked out.

Dans POV
I watched through the van window as Phil was taken towards the building. Dad held my shoulders reassuringly as we began to drive away again. I thought of how scared Phil must be. The poison driving through his body. Chris and Mr Smith torturing him from somewhere we had no idea where. I could imagine them laughing, turning up the poison, probably watching him in the hospital cameras writhing in pain...

"Dan?" Dad snapped me out of the daydream, taking hold of me and spinning me to face him. He too looked drained, tired and scared.
"It will all be okay I promise. We will get out of this mess. Dan, I promise." He took me over to the computer and sat me down on his chair, taking my hand and with his other, flicking on the monitor to reveal a map with circles around different areas.
"We have found at least a possible 10 locations the two could be. All linked to where we..."
"10?" I got up from my chair and was ready to burst in to tears. We were never going to find them.
"10? Are you for real? They aren't even around the same places! Dad? 10? Phil's dying! And we have no lead!" I pushed him out the way and walked over the doors.
"Dan we are trying the best we can! There are so many places they could be, there is no way of knowing."
I didn't want to listen anymore. I went into the back room and slammed the door shut. I heard Dad sigh and sit back down again.

I lay down on the bed, breathing in Phil's scent and threw the bed covers over me. I thought of the dangers I had put on him. How could I help him? What could I do to stop this?

Then I had an idea.