Nobody Like You - Taekai

"It’s not easy at all to catch my fancy
But I keep thinking
I pay attention to you
Why do I keep an eye on you again and again
Oh my god, what is this feeling?"

Taehyun stared at the piece of paper in his hands before looking at Hueningkai across the classroom, he could hear Hueningkai's little giggles from where he was and his heart fluttered. Hueningkai is the boy that Taehyun has had a long time crush on, they have never really had a conversation with eachother but when they did Taehyun could tell that Hueningkai was a genuinely nice person. He looked back down at his piece of paper scribbling some more words onto it.

"It’s wicked but you’re so funny
Your voice is so dreamy
I’m hooked on you, really
Oh, baby I like you
It’s my time to have this feeling
Did I flutter? Pit-a-pat
I felt the destiny, it’s you
Baby ain’t nobody like you"

***

Hueningkai looked over to a certain red haired boy who sat alone. He watched smiling softly as the boy wrote something onto a piece of paper, the boy looked over to him and he quickly looked away and laughed at whatever his friends just said to hide his panic. "What are you laughing at?" Beomgyu asked looking at Hueningkai weirdly. "I- I- At.. your joke...?" He said in a questioning manner. "There was no joke.." Soobin said to Hueningkai puzzled.

"Ah! I know." Yeonjun said smiling smugly. "Lover boy was staring at a certain Mr. Tomato head." "I was not!" Hueningkai said. "Honestly, just ask him to homecoming, I'm sure he'll say yes." Yeonjun said smiling and rubbing Hueningkai's head reassuringly. Hueningkai played with his hands nervously. "I'll- I'll ask him on Friday!" Hueningkai said letting out a big smile.

***

Friday

Taehyun got up from his desk, getting out of the stuffy classroom and going to the next one. He took a deep breath in, closing his eyes trying to forget about the chaos happening around him. So many people bundled up, pushing and running trying to get to the next class on time. Taehyun just stood by a random locker waiting for everyone to get to their class so he could do the same in peace.

"Hi.." He heard a familiar voice say. He quickly looked towards the boy shocked. "H- Hi..?" Taehyun said back awkwardly. "Haha... so umm what class do you have next?" Hueningkai said awkwardly scratching his head. Taehyun looked at Hueningkai a bit suspicious. This wasn't normal Hueningkai. Normal Hueningkai is confident and speaks his mind.

"Maths.." Taehyun said after some awkward silence,even the loud students couldn't make this less awkward."Oh! I have that too!!" Taehyun smiled a bit at Hueningkai. "So umm.. wanna go get ice-cream today after school?" Hueningkai said quickly looking at Taehyun with expecting eyes. "Yeah.. sure!" Taehyun said smiling at Hueningkai. "Yes?" "Yes." "Meet at the gate at 2?" "Sure" Taehyun said smiling.

***

Taehyun couldn't wait for the school day to end and when the bell finally rang indicating the end of school, Taehyun couldn't help but let out a big smile. He sped walked to the school gate and saw the tall boy standing there leaning on the gate. He waved to him with his small hand and got a smile and wave back. "So my favourite ice cream shop is down the road... I was planning on going there unless you have another ice cream shop to go to..?" "No, it's alright, we can go to your ice cream shop." Taehyun said smiling.

As they walked together to the ice cream shop, Hueningkai babbled on and on about why this ice cream shop was superior and too underrated for the top tier products they sold, Taehyun just listened to the talkative boy, hearing the passion the boy had for ice cream in his voice. "Do you want to go to homecoming with me?" Taehyun said quickly and looking away from Hueningkai shutting the boy up. "What? Homecoming? I- I mean, yeah, sure, I was planning on asking you to homecoming too." Hueningkai said with a little giggle making Taehyun smile.

"No matter where I look, it’s only you
The one who’s gonna melt me
No matter where I go, there’s only you
The one who’s gonna adore me sweetly
Ain’t nobody like you"

Taehyun's poem went through his head before pulled Hueningkai into a big hug. Hueningkai hugged the smaller boy back and they just stayed like that for a while. "Thanks for accepting to go with me.." Taehyun said as he let go of the boy. Hueningkai smiled at Taehyun putting out his hand for Taehyun to hold. Taehyun and Hueningkai walked all the way to the ice cream shop with their hands interlocked.

"I like you
No, nobody like you
Nobody like you
Ain’t nobody like you"