Mystery of Love - Sootae

"Why does he have sleep in my room?" Taehyun asked his father, whining. "You have the biggest room in the house Taehyun. Now stop whining and go and help him, he's already outside." Taehyun's father scolded. Taehyun's dad was an archaeology professor, every 8 weeks he'd have a new student come who'd have to live with them. It was Taehyun's job to make them feel welcomed and show them around the city. Taehyun brushed his hair back with his fingers before dusting off his shorts and walking out the door to help his father's new student. "My name's Taehyun, you must be tired..." Taehyun said hardly paying attention picking up his father's student's bag.

"Yeah, it's quite tiring being in cars and planes for 9 hours." The boy said putting his hand behind his neck and showing an awkward but bright smile. "Ah, I see, let me show you to our room..." Taehyun said looking at the boy awkwardly. "Oh, I'm Soobin." The boy said awkwardly putting his hand out for Taehyun to shake. Taehyun smiled, shaking hands with the awkward boy. "Nice to meet you." The first time that you touched me.

Once the 2 boy's reached their room, Soobin dropped himself face first onto the first bed he saw and let out a loud sigh. "Finally.." "That's my bed.." Taehyun said with an awkward laugh at the end. "Soobin turned around pouting a bit, "You don't mind if I crash here tonight, do you? Just for tonight I promise." The boy said with a tired look in his eye. "Alright but it's dinner time now." The boy said looking at his watch.

"Make up an excuse for me.." Soobin said with a pleading look. "Okay... we eat breakfast at 8 am so you'll need to be washed up and ready by then other than that have a good night's sleep." Taehyun said before walking out the door and closing the door softly. He's pretty cute. Soobin thought to himself before turning around, closing his eyes and smiling softly eventually falling asleep.

Taehyun opened the door softly trying not to wake up his father's sleeping student. He noticed that the boy had taken off his shirt, Taehyun walked to the sleeping boy quietly taking in how the boy's bare torso looked so muscular and pretty. He noticed that the boy had a birthmark on his shoulder, almost the shape of bird. Taehyun was tempted to just trace his finger around the boy's abs but he didn't do it. He didn't wanna invade Soobin's privacy. He looked down onto the floor and saw the white shirt the boy had taken off. He picked it up and sniffed the shirt, it smelt like vanilla and freshly baked bread.

The boy turned around and mumbled, Taehyun froze in his tracks, dropping the shirt. He quickly went to lay bed that was meant for Soobin, he just layed there sometimes glancing at the sleeping boy. The birthmark on your shoulder reminds me...

***

Taehyun and Soobin have become great friends in 3 weeks, they would go to parties together, the grocery store and even bakeries. Soobin enjoyed bread quite a lot so trips to the bakery were quite often. "I need to return this book to library, I'll be back later." Taehyun said to Soobin while getting on his bike, Soobin just sat in the burning hot sun. "Let me come with you, I have nothing to do, just let me get changed." "Alright, hurry up." He said as Soobin ran into the house.

They rode bicycles all the way to the library, occasionally bumping into eachother and having small races, laughing and smiling together, all they could see was eachother and they enjoyed that. "I'm tired and it's so hot today, let's make a stop at the river." Soobin said flashing a smile at Taehyun. "Who ever gets there last has to swim!!" Taehyun said as he sped off. "That's not fairrr!!!" Soobin said laughing and speeding after Taehyun. All that could be heard were teenage giggles and white noise, what an awful sound.