chapter 7 | Serendipity

Start from the beginning

"That smells good," a husky voice full of manliness gets me to whirl around. I hide the hot chocolate with my body and face him, stumbling upon a man in a pair of grey, tight trousers and black, turtle neck top tucked inside of it.

"Good morning," he smiles and walks up to me, attempting to see what I'm concealing behind me. "Good morning, I cooked the breakfast for you," I point at the table and put my hand on his tiny waist to lead him to there, making him giggle but still go.

"Sit down," I pull the chair for him but notice the bright expression on his face. "Aw, what's that?" he laughs in the softest manner and gets down on his chair. "It's your food," I move back to the kitchen island and grab the drink for him and my milk to step towards him and place it before him.

I feel shy and dumb, I don't know why.

"Aw sweetheart, that's so cute," he beams like he never did and gazes up at me. "You didn't have to do this, come here," he rises from his chair but takes me in his arms, giving me an endearment I love to get. "This is the cutest thing someone ever did for me," he presses a kiss on my head, provoking plenty of butterflies in my stomach. I hug him back, but in a shy manner. "How much time did you take?" he goes back on the chair, so I get on the seat before him. "I don't know," I check my watch to realize how many minutes passed. "Around one hour."

"That's so sweet of you," he smiles broadly but gets his phone out of his pocket. "I need to take a picture of this, that's so adorable," he lifts his arms up to place the phone right above the dishes and captures it. "There," he checks the picture he just took but smiles in front of it. "I'm going to post this on Snapchat later."

On Snapchat? This isn't even that extraordinary or pretty. Nonetheless, I feel proud of myself.

To now start the meal, he takes his cup to taste the drink. I'm glad to see him being so happy. "Hmm. This tastes better than the one I make for myself," he puts it back on the table but licks his lips. I cannot even look away but stare at him with timidity. "What about your meal though? You're not eating?"

"I'll just eat the cookies you leave," I shrug but see him dig in his food. "I'm going to cook for you, this isn't enough," he tries the bell pepper eggs with a toast but I shake my head. "No need to, really," I sip on my milk.

"Bite into it, this is delicious," he brings the toast to me while keeping one hand cupped underneath, but since I know he's not going to give up, I lean over and take a bite.

Well, that's good. "How did you make those cookies?"

"Some have a strawberry flavor and some others, raspberry," I cross my fingers for him to like it, and he doesn't wait before grabbing one to get to know if it's as good as it is pretty. Once a piece of it is in his mouth, he puts his big eyes on me in a playful manner, smiling at me. "I need the recipe," he eats the rest but never stops making me feel all jittery. "Come on, eat with me."

I listen and eat some cookies while drinking my milk. I know we're going to go shopping today, so I'm eager to do it with him.

•••

2 pm.

"Do you have everything in your shoulder bag?" he keeps the key of his car in his hand, standing on his spot to make sure I haven't forgotten anything. "Yes, I do," I nod, so an 'all right' leaves him, and he comes up to me while putting the key in a pocket of his leather jacket.

We both head up to the entrance of the mall and finally feel warmer inside but see all the people already here. As we're slowing down now that we're there, he fixes the turtle neck of his top but doesn't remove his sunglasses. I feel like I'm with a top model, this is kinda weird.