prophecy girl - p2

CAMILA POV

"Well have you verified the text?" Angel asks and i hear a laugh from the door. We all turn and see Buffy at the doorway, turning and walking. Angel follows her out, and i follow after him. Giles stands at the office doorway. She stops by the table and turns to face us. 

"So that's it huh? I remember the drill. One slayer dies, next one's called! Wonder who she is." she turns to face Giles "Will you train her? Or will they send someone else?" Tears well in her eyes. 

"Buffy i..." Giles starts. 

"They say how he's gonna kill me? Do you think it'll hurt?" Tear are flowing freely from her eyes. Angel reaches out towards her, but she puts her hands up and quickly steps away. "Don't touch me! Were you even gonna tell me?" she whimpers. 

"I was hoping that i wouldn't have to. That they was...some way around it. I..." Giles begins to explain but Buffy cuts him off again. 

"I've got a way around it. I quit!" she exclaims. My eyes widen. 

"It's not that simple." Angel argues. 

"I'm making it that simple! I quit! I resign, i'm fired, you can find someone else to stop the Master from taking over!" Buffy screams. 

"I'm not sure that anyone else can. All the...the signs indicate.." 

"The signs?" Buffy picks up a book and begins throwing them "READ ME THE SIGNS! TELL ME MY FORTUNE! YOU'RE SO USEFUL SITTING HERE WITH ALL YOUR BOOKS! YOU'RE REALLY A LOTTA HELP!" she screams, continually throwing books. I flinch in response. 

"No, i don't suppose i am." he admits sullenly and i look at him my face falling. 

"I know this is hard." Angel looks at her. 

"What do you know about this? You're never gonna die!" Buffy yells at him. 

"You think i want anything to happen to you? Do you think we could stand it?" Angel motions between me and him. "We just gotta figure out a way..."

"I already did. I quit, remember? Pay attention!" she wails. 

"Buffy, if the Master rises..." 

"I don't care!" Buffy yells pulling the cross Angel gave her off her neck. "I don't care." She says calmly. "Giles, i'm sixteen years old. I don't wanna die." she mumbles. Giles is at loss of what to say. Angel isn't sure either. I look up at her sadly. She walks out of the library without looking back. Before i know it i feel my feet following her. 

"Buffy wait!" i call after her. She stops dead in her tracks. 

"What does it say about you?" she mumbles. My face falls. The untouchable can change everything. 

"I don't know." i whisper. She raises her head high. 

"I don't care." she replies before walking down the hallway. Slowly i turn around and head back into the library. Angel and Giles look up at me, still at a loss for words. 

"Cam i-" Angel starts but i cut him off. 

"I'm going." i say loud enough for them to hear. 

"What?" Giles asks, quickly looking up from the floor. 

"You heard what i said." i smile weakly at him. I turn to Angel. 

"No Cam you can't." he replies. I walk into Giles' office and bring out the Codex. 

"I can. Look hard enough and you'll see." i smile, placing the open book on the table. I stand next to the book as they come over and whilst they are reading, i sneak out of the door and into the night.