out of mind, out of sight - p1

CAMILA POV

"Xander..." i moaned as his lips connected to my neck. My fingers gripped his shirt as he pushed me into the wall of the janitors closet. I pull on his curls, connecting our lips again. Suddenly i bump into a bucket on the shelf and it falls to the ground, knocking the broom as well. We jump apart. "Xander, we're going to be late for English." i laugh, grabbing onto his hand heading for the door before someone discovers us. 

"Aw c'mon Cam.." he whines trying to pull me back. He twists me around, placing his free hand gently under my jaw. 

"Xander.." i groan as he smiles down at me. "C'mon." i quickly grab his jaw and peck his lips before sliding out of the janitors closet. Discretely i begin to fix my hair and clothes, sneaking down the hall slightly. Not long after, i see Xander confidently walk out of the closet and look down the hall towards me. He pushes his hair back before sauntering down to where i was waiting. "C'mon pretty boy. English time." i smile up at him and he pouts down at me. "Don't look at me like that!" i tease before we walk together towards English. 

*

"'If you prick us, do we not bleed? If you tickle us, do we not laugh? If you poison us, do we not die? And if you wrong us, shall we not revenge?'" Ms Miller looks out to the class. Xander and i were playing footsies under the table. "Okay. So talk to me, people. How does what Shylock says here about being a Jew relate to our discussion about the anger of the outcast in society?" she addresses the class. 

"Well, how about colour me totally self-involved?" Cordelia mutters, checking her nails. 

"Care to elaborate?" Ms Miller pushes. Cordelia sighs. 

"Yeah. With Shylock it's whine, whine, whine like the whole world is about him. He acts like it's justice, him getting a pound of Antonio's flesh. It's not justice, it's yicky." she explains and i scoff - pausing my footsies game with Xander, folding my arms across my chest and leaning back in my chair.

"But has Shylock suffered? What's his place in Venice society?" Ms Miller questions. 

"Well, everyone looked down on him." Willow adds from my other side. 

"That is such a twinkie defence. Shylock should get over himself. People who think their problems are so huge craze me. Like this time I sort of ran over this girl on her bike. It was the most traumatizing event of my life, and she's trying to make it about her leg! Like my pain meant nothing." Cordelia argues. I scoff trying to hold back a laugh and i look at Xander in amusement. He gives me a look. Shrugging i turn back to the front as the bell rings. 

"Well, Cordelia raised an interesting point here. Which we'll pursue at a later time." Ms Miller smiles at us and i gather my books. 

"Cam!" Buffy calls to me as i leave the classroom. I turn around and see her coming up to me. I smile at her and we continue towards our lockers, Xander and Willow the other way. 

*

"So where were you before English?" Buffy asks as we walk together. My eyes widen. 

"I uh i was in the bathroom." i nod quickly. Buffy smiles. 

"So uh that hickey is from the mirror?" she asks teasingly, pointing to my neck. My eyes widen again and i pull out my compact to see a small bruise forming. 

"God dammit." i groan, pulling my hair in front of it so it was hidden. "It's not that obvious is it?" i ask her panicking. She laughs. 

"So you weren't in the bathroom?" groaning i look at her, stressed. "No it's not that bad."