out of mind, out of sight - p2

CAMILA POV

Giles was researching some stuff about invisibility and i was researching some more on the Master when Buffy, Willow and Xander came in. 

"A nest?" Giles asks after Buffy had explained. 

"It looked like she'd been there for months. It's where i found this." Buffy pulls out a yearbook and puts it on the table for everyone to see. 

"Oh my god! 'Have a nice summer. Have a nice summer.' This girl had no friends at all." Willow explains reading the signed pages. 

"Uh, once again i teeter at the precipice of the generation gap." Giles interrupts and i giggle at him. 

"'Have a nice summer' is what you write when you have nothing to say." Buffy explains and i nod in agreement. 

"It's the kiss of death." Xander describes. 

"You guys didn't know Marcie Ross?" Buffy asks them and i have a closer look at the yearbook. 

"Never met her. Why?" Xander answers. 

"Cause you both wrote it too." i say, pointing to Xander's signature. 

"'Have a nice...' Yeesh!" Xander exclaims, reading his own writing. 

"Where am i?" I point at her name. "Oh. 'Have a great summer'. See, i cared!" Willow gives us a subdued, nervous smile. 

"You guys don't remember her?" Buffy asks and i sit down on the table next to her. 

"No, i probably didn't see her except to sign the book. I mean, this is a big school." Xander says. Willow shakes her head looking at the printouts. 

"Xander, we each had four classes with her last year." Willow points out. 

"So, no one noticed her, and now she's invisible." Buffy says. 

"My worst nightmare." i mutter. 

"What was that?" Buffy asks. My eyes widen. 

"Nothing." i smile at her. 

"I thought your worst fear was drowning?" she asks. 

"It is, anyway, so she turned invisible because no one noticed her?" i ask Giles and he hits the table startling us. 

"Of course! I've been investigating the mystical causes of invisibility when i, i should have looked at the quantum mechanical!" everyone except me looks at me strangely. 

"Physics." i mutter and they nod. 

"I think i speak for everyone here when i say, huh?" Buffy asks confused. 

"It's a rudimentary concept that, that reality is shaped, even created by our perception." i explain. 

"Oooh nerd girl over here." Xander teases and i roll my eyes at him. 

"And with the Hellmouth below us sending out mystical energy..." Buffy starts. 

"People perceived Marcie as invisible and she became so." Giles exclaims, excited he had figured it out. 

"This is't this great power that she can control. It's something that was done to her. That we did to her." Buffy explains. 

"No wonder she's miffed." Willow sighs. 

"What does she want?" Xander asks and i pick up the yearbook again. 

"Just what we though." Buffy says and i point in the book. 

"Cordelia." i pointed at a picture of Cordelia which was marked. Suddenly the doors open and Cordelia walks into the library. 

"What? I knew you'd be here. Buffy i know we've had our difference, with you being so weird and all, and hanging out with these total losers..." Cordelia smiles forcefully and Xander and Willow. "Well, anyway, despite all of that, i know that you share this feeling that we have for each other, deep down..."