chapter 5 | Mademoiselle

Start from the beginning

If only he knew. "Yes, I guess..." I gulp down but put my shy eyes back on the sketches. "I was just asking you if I could take a picture or save it?"

"Oh...he said you can..." I nod but feel embarrassed. "I'm going to scan it," he walks up to his desk but walks behind his chair to get to a small table where the scanner is. I head towards him, and he goes to his desk to grab his laptop and place it next to the scanner.

"Can I have it?" he turns towards me with his arm stretched out towards me, so I give him the stapled pages. "Thank you," his sweet voice goes out, and he starts to do everything. I wonder if he acts like that with everyone. "By the way," he closes the top of the scanner but lays his eyes on me now that it's working. "I heard you call me Mister Jeon," the crinkles in the corner of his eyes sharpen. "You can call me Jungkook, I told you."

"I know...I just forgot," I don't lie but tell the truth. I was just so nervous I called him like that. He grins and focuses on the scanner. "Do you want a hot chocolate?" his veiny hands slide back into his pockets, and he steps to his desk just next to him. "No, thanks. I already have one in my dad's office."

"Ah, all right then. I'll keep it for myself," his soft facial expression doesn't disappear, but he pushes his glasses up and lets them on his head, pulling his long hair back with them. "How are you doing today anyway? Were you able to sleep well?"

"Yes. I'm fine, what about you?" I return the question, loving the attention he gives me. "Well, I'm tired, but since I know that starting tomorrow, I'll have a whole week off, I'm all good," he mentions this little week I'm going to spend at his house. "Are you sure this doesn't bother you?"

"Not at all," he smiles but shakes his head before moving back to the scanner that faces me. He turns the pages and now does it on this side. "I already planned some things we could do to not stay home all day long because I wouldn't want you to feel bored."

"Like what?" I ask curiously. "Maybe going out, at the mall, at the beach or we can also visit some places, I don't know. Depends on what you like to do," he shrugs but makes my heart go crazy. I like to know I'm not going to be just a little bug in his house that he will not want to hear or care about. "I like everything."

"Great then," he licks his lips still curved up into a crescent shape but checks his laptop. I can't wait to be tomorrow, seriously.

— Next day —

Friday, October 11, 2019.

7 am.

"Hello," Jungkook greets us with a broad smile, letting me in his house I've never seen before. Damn, that's so beautiful and cozy. Black, white, and brown to make it look warmer, I love it so much. I hope I'll have such a house in the future. "Hello," I stop my suitcase just on the welcome mat but my father speaks out without walking in. "I'm sorry for not being able to stay here but we have to take the flight in short minutes."

"Oh I understand, don't worry," Jungkook answers him while I'm taking my jacket off. "Hope this won't be too hard for you, good luck," he waves at him, talking about me as if I was a monster but making Jungkook giggle. "I'll handle it, have a good trip together."

While they're chatting for the last minutes, I look up at the coat rack and stand on my tiptoes to hang my jacket on it but hear Jungkook close the door. "Here you are, how do you find your new little house?" he asks as I'm taking my shoes off. "I like it a lot. You can keep me here all the time honestly," I chuckle but grip the handle of my suitcase.

"You wanna see your bedroom, don't you?" he notices my eagerness, and I nod. "Yes...I wonder how it looks," I don't hide my enthusiasm about this week starting for me. "Give me that," he takes my belonging but carries it and leads me to the room I'm going to occupy for seven days.