Chapter 17: The Air Temple 🌊

Toph woke up to the sound of knocking on the door, "Hello," She said as she rubbed the sleep out of her eyes, "Hey, Toph, wanna go for a walk through the kingdom today?" Katara asked in a cheery tone, "Um, sure. Are Sokka and Aang coming?" ", Yeah, they're already downstairs ready," Katara said as the two laughed. "Okay, give me 10 minutes," Toph said as she closed the door and got ready.

They left the castle and entered the village everyone watched as they saw the royals and cheered as they saw there new queen, "Queen Katara! Queen Katara!" was being shouted through the town square and things were in preparation for tonight's festival. They all walked over to a local restaurant and decided to get some breakfast from there.

"Sokka, did you just order the whole restaurant?" Katara said as plates kept coming, "Well actually I bought all of this for us, I kinda knew what everyone wanted," Sokka said as the final plate was set on the table, "Well, while you two argue ill be digging on," Toph said as she started to eat, "Right behind you Toph," Aang said as he joined her.

As they ate they all talked and laughed about random things, "So, do you guys wanna come to the Southern Air Temple?" Aang asked as they left the restaurant, "Yeah," They all said as they returned to Appa and rode off to the Temples.

"Wow, the temples are huge," Sokka said looking at them in awe, "They're beautiful," Katara said taking in the view. They landed and went to see the king and Queen first.

The temple had many rooms and was full of Air Nomads, "Welcome home prince Aang," a voice said behind them, "Jinjin, how are you," Aang said bowing to the man, "I've been well thank you, your parents are in the meditation garden," he said smiling at us, "Thanks Jinjin," Aang bowed and they went to the garden.

They walked to the garden and saw two people dressed in robes meditating and as we approached them they flew up just enough to stand and present themselves to their guest, "Welcome home son," They said as Aang bowed but then went in for a hug, "It's so good to see you, and how might these people be?" the women who spoke, "Uh, mother, father, this is Queen Katara of the Southern Water Tribe," as Aang said that she bowed and Aang's parents returned the action, "Well, it is lovely to meet you," Aang's mother spoke, "And these people are?" His father said, "Prince Sokka and Princess Toph," They bowed as they were introduced.

"So Aang, what brings you back home?" His father said patting him on his back, "Well I was just wanting to see you guys," Aang said as they entered the main living room in the temple, "Would you like tea," one servant asked, "I'm okay thank you."

 Katara said as she took a seat, "So, Queen Katara our deepest sorrows go out to you and your family for the loss of your father," the queen spoke as she sipped her tea, "Thank you," She said as she looked around, "So son, is she your girlfriend?" His father asked which made Aang blush, "Uh...well, yeah she is," Aang said as she smiled at him, everyone was shocked even Sokka had his jaw dropped, "Well this is lovely, isn't Gyatso," The queen replied as she got up to grab more tea.

They all went for little walks as the girls went with the queen and the boys went with the king, "So, hows being queen treating you," She asked the young girl, "It's fine, I mean It keeps me busy," Katara said smiling, "And congrats on the engagement Toph," Toph looked in surprise wondering how she knew that, "Thank you, your majesty, "Toph said. 

"Please call me Junji," She said smiling as the girls made it to the library, "Wow, this place is huge," Katara said looking up at all the books, "Biggest out of all the temples," Junji said as she placed a few on the table.

"Are these ancient books?" Katara asked as she picked one up, "More like Aang's baby pics," She laughed as they searched through them. The girls spoke and giggled until they had to find the boys to return home to the festival. 

The boys went with Gyatso around the castle playing around and pulling pranks on the servants, "I see katara and that coming," Sokka said, "Ready...set...attack!" Sokka said as Aang and Gyatso air bent the girl's hair and it stuck up like it was electrocuted. The boys laughed as they saw the look on their faces, "Haha, have you looked in the mirror recently," Aang said as they laughed even harder.

The girls looked at each other and smirked, and before you knew it the boys were pushed out of the window as water, earth and air came towards them, "You should see your faces," Toph said as they laughed, "Serve you right, never mess with your girls," Junji said as she snickered.

It was time to leave as they had a festival to attend, "Thank you for having us over unexpectedly," Katara spoke as she bowed, "It's no problem, we loved meeting all of you," Gyatso said as he waved them off. 

They said goodbye as they left the temple and made their way home, "Thank you all for coming home with me," Aang said as he landed Appa as they walked through the festival, "No worries Aang, your parents were very nice," Katara replied as she bought some food.

They all had a fun time and went back to the castle with a handful of prizes won while they were there, "That was fun but I'm pretty tired out," Toph said as she laid on the couch, "Me too," Sokka said as he fell on the couch next to Toph as she positioned herself on Sokka's chest. Aang and Katara fell asleep on the couch as well as they were talking. 

Everything was fine until Toph woke up, "Guys, wake up, someone here," she whispered as Sokka got up and grabbed Toph, "Oh no."

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

Thank you everyone for reading  

Please go check my other stories as well

Stay tuned for more

Any questions comment down below🌊😁