Chapter 14: Secrets revealed🌊

"Well..." She stood there as everyone was waiting for her to talk, "I got a threat letter from somewhere and... uh... you know, I'll just show you," She said as she ran up the stairs, "well, you all coming or," they all looked at each other and followed Katara.

They arrived at her office and she ran her fingers through her letters until she came up to the one she mysteriously got. She handed it to Sokka who looked outraged, "Whoever is doing this is gonna pay," he sounded angered, "Why would someone want to threaten the tribe? It doesn't make sense," Toph said. The whole group looked around for something on the letter that was familiar but nothing, "Well, whoever it is they have something against us," Aang said as he looked at katara with worried eyes.

"Well, I think we should look over this in the morning and no one must know what we have been doing," Katara said as she exited out of her office with everyone else.

Aang walked her back to the room, "Hey, don't worry we'll find out whoever these people are okay," He said giving her a cheeky grin. " You always know what to say," she says as she kisses his cheek and walking into her room. He stands there stunned after what had happened (even though it wasn't their first kiss😂)

The next day

Katara has gotten up early to research about the letter to see who it was from and why. She scurried through the halls until she came to her parent's room which had been touched in a month, " I'll find who is doing this and bring them to justice, I promise," she said as she kept on running.

She arrived and already had found Sokka looking through the books, "morning," she said as she gave him a questionable look, " What are you doing up so early," she said as she went and walked to her desk.

" Probably the same reason why your awake, to find the scum bag who would threaten our home," he said angrily looking through books of old symbols. Katara searched through book after book but could find anything until Aang and Toph walked in the room, " Hey guys," Aang said in a positive tone, " Hey," she replied back as she didn't take her eyes off the book.

" So any leads yet," Toph said as she took a seat, " no not yet," Sokka said placing a kiss on her forehead. They kept searching for answers until Sokka found a letter, " Hey, I found something," He yelled which caught everyone's attention, " It's a letter, from dad," Sokka said as he began to read,

Dear Katara
One day you'll be queen and I may not be around to help you a lot. So as every King and queen of our tribe should know, there are hidden secret tunnels only the rulers can enter of age. Now go explore so you can unlock the hidden gems of our kingdom
Love Dad

Katara felt a tear roll down her face as she heard his word, "Dad, was gonna make me queen this year," everyone just stared at her. She wiped her eyes and felt around the walls, "What are you doing?" Sokka asked, "finding the door, here," She pressed a book into the wall and it opened up. They were amazed by what they were about to find.

It was lit up and had a staircase leading somewhere, "Let's go," Toph said as she started walking, everyone followed. It was a long walk until they came to a door, "How do we open it?" Aang asked as he looked around for a way to get in. There were 3 locks and a big water tribe symbol, Katara could see the water around her and thought for a moment as everyone kept talking. She decided to bend the water around her a flow it through the locks.

She kept going and at the final lock the door opened. The room was filled with ancient scrolls and tapestries of the kings and queens before, "It's amazing," Katara said still awed by what she found, they spent 4 hours in there looking and searching around, "Woah, katara, you are the 2nd water bender ruler in our entire kingdom," Sokka said as he kept reading. She felt a little weird as she was a waterbender as a child and hiding her ability from people. 

Aang looked through scrolls and books until he found the symbol, "I found it," he said as they all rushed over, "It's was an ancient civilisation and they tried to conquer the world which resulted in Avatar Kyoshi to end their reign," They all looked at each other in shock as soon as she heard her gran- gran called her, they all rushed up the stairs as she continued to call them.

"Hey, gran-gran," Katara says as she rushed into her, "I see you found the room," she says smiling at the girl, "Yeah," she said as they walked out of the library, "Gran- gran, why am I a waterbender?" She asked, "The 45th queen of the south was a waterbender, the first waterbender of the royal family. She was a beautiful queen until something happened and everyone never needed a waterbender on the throne," 

"But why?"       

"There are somethings I don't even know little one," she said as she walked away leaving katara to sit and wonder in her thoughts.

She found her friends sitting on the grass of the garden and talking laughing about life other than royal duties and drama, she finally felt at peace as she could just relax for this day. 

Sokka had Toph sitting in between his legs and Aang was to the side, she felt happy for the first time in weeks and it was because of them.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Thank you for reading

I reached 1k views and I'm so thankful to all of you who read this story

Go check out my other story called 

Water Bending Master  

Stay tuned for more 🌊😁