Chapter 13: It's a date🌊

"Katara? Katara," It was her she thought, mother. 

"Sweetheart, there are bad people after you," Kya explained to her daughter who seemed to be young again. 

"Who's after me, momma," Katara said staring at her mother in shock she was there.

"Be safe, my little waterbender," She replied as she disappeared into thin air.

"Mum! come back!" Everything went black.

Katara sat up puffing as her dream was frightening. She let out a sigh of relief as it was just a dream, she wiped a tear that dropped from her eye, wondering, what her dream meant. She ran downstairs as she entered the dining hall to find her grandmother, Sokka and Toph enjoying their breakfast, "Morning everyone," Katara said happily sitting next to Toph, "Morning," they all replied as they continued with the current activity.

"So, how were all those letters yesterday, I bet being queen is getting a bit hard," Toph asked her friend. Katara sat there remembering the strange letter she came across, she dazed off for a bit as she tried to process what had happened. "Katara, you okay?" Toph says snapping her back to reality, "yeah, I'm fine," She alerts her friend who gave her an ensuring look knowing she was lying. 

They all depart as they had the rest of the day to get along with. Katara sat in her new office (Which was her father's old one) as she opened and signed letter after letter. It was boring but gave her purpose after the recent events of the past few months. 

She came across her last letter which she opened and felt her cheeks burn up as she read it,

Meet me at the edge of the kingdom tonight

Signed  

Aang x

She was surprised that it was nearly time to go. So she finished up and left to get ready for her evening with Aang. She danced through the castle everyone delighted to see the queen so happy, she continued until she was stopped by Toph who she accidentally bumped into, "Woah, someones happy, what's happening sugar queen?" Katara knew she couldn't lie to her, "I'm going to hang out with Aang," She said as Toph gave her a smirk, "So you guys going on a date?" 

Katara looked at her friend and just giggled a little, "Yeah, something like that. Just DON'T tell Sokka, he'll flip," She pleaded to her friend, "Of course, since when have I told your brother any of your secrets," Toph laughed as she walked with Katara back to her room.

Toph helped Katara get ready and sneak past her brother as Katara went to meet Aang. She walked down to where the icy shore met the cold waters of the South Pole, and he was there with Appa, "wow, you look...amazing," he said blushing as he stood in awe of the water bender, "Thanks, you look very handsome," She replied as she hopped aboard Appa.

The two sat and chatted until they got to there destination which was a small island close to the south, "Wow," Katara amazed by how the moon glistened across the ocean. They landed Aang jumped up to the saddle were Katara was and put his hand out, "you ready?" he said giving her his signature side smile. "Always," she said as she took Aang's hand and jumped off the bison's back. They were guided by lights to a table with dishes on it, Katara was speechless to what was in front of her, "Aang this is... Beautiful," she said as she looked into his eyes.

They talked the night away as they shared stories about growing up and even sharing secrets no one knew about. They finished their dinner and decided to take a walk along the beach as they were hand in hand talking about the best part of the date and enjoying each other's company, "Thanks Aang for tonight, it was really special," she said placing a small kiss on his cheek which made both of them go red, "It was nothing, I really enjoyed tonight too," he said rubbing the back of his neck.

They flew back to the South Pole and entered the castle laughing arms linked together as they were greeted by a kneeling Sokka and a surprised Toph. The two jaws dropped as they watched what was happening, "Toph will you marry," Sokka opening his hand to reveal a betrothal necklace with earth kingdom and water tribe symbols on it, "Yes, a million time yes," Toph said as they hugged and kissed. 

"Congrats you two," Aang said on behalf of the two, which Katara still could believe her eyes, "OMG, I can't believe this, I'm so happy for you too," Katara said hugging her brother and Toph.

Katara couldn't be happier as her brother and best friend were getting married. She decided to throw an engagement party for the two and invite everyone from the four nations. 

Toph could sense something was up with Katara as she was feeling like this all day, "Katara is there something you want to tell us," Toph confronts her friend in front of everyone. Their attention is on Katara now, "Well..."

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 Thank you everyone for your support

Stay tuned for more🌊😁