epilogue

Agatha and Genesis are already happily married for a decade, their firstborn son, Timothy was just like his father.

They traveled to Canada and got married as soon as they knew about it. Genesis insisted that it'll be dangerous for a pregnant woman to travel but in the end, they still decided to go to Canada due to their utmost excitement.

Genesis managed to track down the relatives who originally owned the ranch which was hard since they live in New York and planned on giving back the land to them. Fortunately, they did not ask further questions because according to them, the family who lived in the ranch were hermits themselves and they had never met them.

In the end, the family offered the newlyweds the property for a low sum of price. Agatha and Genesis were confused, still, they did not complain and bought the land in an instant.

In their fifth year of marriage, they decided to take in a helpless twelve-year-old boy named Gerald they stumbled upon in the Texas train station, after just coming home from their one-month vacation somewhere.

Agatha immediately bathed him, clothed, and fed the poor boy for he was freezing and starving to death.

At first, they were only ready to nurse the boy back to health but Genesis and Timothy have already grown used to Gerald and so, they decided to give him a room inside, treating the boy like a son.

The following year, Agatha gave birth to a beautiful baby girl named Betty, her appearance just like hers.

Meanwhile, for Devon, three years after their marriage, he came back with a wife and a daughter.

Genesis and Agatha couldn't get happier at what happened to Devon for they knew he truly is a changed man. No longer associates himself with gambling and drinking much.

However, Genesis and Agatha thought Devon and his family would be staying for good but they were surprised when Devon gave his portion of the land to Genesis.

Genesis, however, insisted on giving him the sum of money for the land which in the end, Devon agreed with him.

And now, Agatha was laughing as she peeled the orange, her sapphire eyes alternating between Timothy and Gerald who was in the field, Timothy helping little Gerald fly the kite Genesis made for them.

Genesis meanwhile was beside her, sleeping Betty in his arms, rocking her, with a broad smile on his face.

Agatha then gave the freshly peeled orange to him but since he was cradling Betty, she spoon-feeds him, causing them to chuckle.

"Oh, how I love you, sweetheart," he exclaimed, broadly smiling, his hazelnut eyes filled with love.

"And I love you too, sir, how many times do I have to say that for you to believe it?"

That earned her a chuckle from him, "till the end of times, sweetheart," he replied, winking.

The meals were all good, Agatha smoothened the checkered cloth on the field before hollering, "Boys, let's eat first,"

With that, Timothy and Gerald lifted their heads, flashing her such glorious smiles.

"Okay, mama," replied Timothy as he ran towards them.

"Okay, Mrs. Williams," said Gerald, the kites in his hands as he runs alongside little Timothy.

-

From the bottom of my heart, thank you for reading Hues in Love. It doesn't matter whether you liked it or not, or if you dropped a like nor comment for really, reading Hues in Love is already an honor on my part as an amateur author.

Anyway, I have a new short story coming up entitled Seeing You Not Seeing Me. It's about a reverend's young daughter working to a grumpy middle-aged blind man. As usual, it's a romance. Hehe.

Again, thanks for reading Hues in Love. Stay safe, dearests!