X.the puppet master

As usual, Agatha woke up early, already preparing breakfast for Genesis who was, presumably, upstairs, getting ready, judging from the muffled soft footfalls.

Agatha momentarily stopped in her tracks, feeling an unfamiliar presence behind her, gluing Agatha in her spot, her heart pounding against her chest.

Suddenly, she felt like she was back again in Cedarburg, in that little washing room, lying in buddled rags.

Agatha jumped from surprise when she felt a gloved hand touch her shoulder. In an instant, lifting her head, she twisted her upper body, clenching the apricot-colored apron to stop herself from trembling like a scared little girl.

Scared little girl, isn't that what she is from the very start?

There stood a tall burly man, probably the same age as Genesis, in his late twenties or so.

Arching his brow, he greeted Agatha in a very masculine voice, "You must be Agatha Harris,"

Agatha simply stood before him, forcing herself not to take much notice on his hand still resting on her shoulder.

Chuckling, he lightly waved his hand off, Agatha letting out a soft sigh as soon as his hand vanished, "Where are my manners? My name's Devon, Genesis' friend,"

Suddenly, Agatha felt like an utter prick, for acting like this in front of Genesis' friend. The last thing she wants is to humiliate Genesis due to her eye-rolling presence.

"Ge-genesis will be down any mi-minute now," responded Agatha, praying her stutters won't worsen things more though who is she kidding?

Devon, lifting his dirty white hat, tipped his head at her, sitting down, running his fingers through his blond combed hair.

Wincing, Agatha coerced herself not to sweeten for she could feel his emerald eyes boring behind her.

"Genesis didn't tell me how enticing you are," she heard Devon said, crossing his arms, his eyes traveling from her pretty head to toe.

Agatha didn't answer in the first place, she doesn't know what to reply. Instead, she laid three plates on the wooden table, one for Devon who was still gaping at her, making her uncomfortable.

"You mute, hun?" was the question that almost paved the way for Agatha to slip the plate from her fingers.

Lifting her head, staring at his amused features, dimple showing in one side, "No, am no-not, sir,"

Agatha knew Devon was about to strike once more when they heard Genesis' footfalls nearing towards them.

Devon straightened his seat, shrugging the invisible dust over his pants, tipping his head at the sight of Genesis who doesn't seem surprised one bit at his presence like Agatha here.

"How was your trip?" greeted Genesis, sitting down.

"T'was fine. Same as usual," answered Devon, his eyes still plastered on Agatha who sat across him, her entire attention directed over her meal.

That didn't escape Genesis attention, "I see you have met Agatha here,"

Devon, his eyes still over her, arched his brow, "Yes, pretty little thing, too bad she isn't much of a talker,"

Brows meeting, lips pressed together, Genesis doesn't like one bit where his friend's thoughts are leading. He's no stupid, he knew what's going on that brain of Devon.

Devon, all of a sudden, then coughing, instantly, Agatha rose from her seat, fetched the pitcher of water, thus, filling Devon's cup.

Grinning sardonically, Devon gulped the whole cup in one drink, his eyes on hers the whole time, arching his brow, he said, "Thank you, hun,".