XIX.get out this instant

Agatha leaned against the wall for a second, tapped her brown oxford to the ground, her sapphire eyes roaming around the bed-chamber, her arms crossed curiously.

Stretching, Agatha began her general cleaning by dusting Genesis' cream-colored curtains and rugs, her arms aching for a second.

Proceeding to fold his clothes. Obviously, it seems like, judging from the state of his clothes, he was always in a rush to dress for all clothes that were scattered randomly in the drawers.

Agatha changed the bedsheets, balling the used ones to the basket beside her. All while she's busy stretching the white sheet to every corner of the mattress, there she found a single paper hidden under.

Brows knitting, Agatha stopped for a second, she knew she shouldn't touch Genesis' belongings sans his permission but before she knew it, her fingertips were grazing the parchment, her eyes reading the content.

Oh, the paper's none other than the land title. Agatha was confused about why of all places, Genesis decided to hide it there?

In the end, Agatha returned where she found the title of the land, under the mattress.

When Agatha was finally satisfied with the state of Genesis' room, she went downstairs to clean the drawing-room.

Agatha was in the midst of washing dishes when she heard a faint commotion upstairs. Halting, Agatha dried her drenched hands to the towel beside her as her ears concentrated on the noise upstairs.

Before she knew it, she was standing inside Genesis' room once again and there she saw Devon, all sweaty, wide-eyed, his brown sleeves rolled up as he rummaged around Genesis' drawers.

"Wha-what are you doing here, sir?" Asked Agatha, confused, her back against the door, her pale fingers twisting the doorknob as she awaits his explanation.

Devon looked as if he was about to pass out just by the mere sight of her across Genesis' room, his brows twitching, his lips pressed together.

"I asked you, si-sir. You need shirts for you and Mr. Williams?" Arching her brow, bravely stepping towards him.

"I wa-was...oh, right, right. Just here for shirts," he answered, laughing sardonically, messaging his temple.

Agatha, now a hand away from him, her eyes still plastered suspiciously on him, opened the 3rd drawer, even without looking, grabbed newly folded shirts.

"Here you go-go, sir," giving him the shirts, squinting her eyes as he gripped the shirts way too hard.

There was utter silence subsequent until Devon released such chuckles, breaking the ice. Suddenly, his character from wary a while ago turned...playful once again. Just like how they all knew him. The confident one.

"Oh, hun. You must forgive. It seems like my headache still hasn't subdued till me," he said, in the corner of her eyes, she saw how he raised his hands, and was about to curl his hands around her shoulders when Agatha took a step back.

Gulping, she exclaimed, "No worries about tha-that, sir but you be-better go back to Mr. Williams," then offering a compulsory smile that doesn't quite reach her eyes.

His brows met and Agatha swore he saw a flash of anger in his face but he quickly schooled it. Instead, he returned the smile, and again, he was about to hold her hand to kiss it when Agatha strolled towards the doorway, guiding him out the bedchamber.

As soon as they're in the doorway, Devon clutching the shirts behind him, his knuckles turning white, and was about to leave, at last when Agatha found herself muttering such brave words, "Goodbye, sir and I know you're a friend of Mr. Williams but please refrain from entering any occupied bedchambers here without any permission, that is, if you don't mind,"

Devon halted in his tracks as if still digesting what the woman before him just uttered.

Arching his brow, "Thought you were nothing but this pretty shy thing, guess i'm wrong," he uttered, winking devilishly, causing Agatha to wince.

"I'll ta-take that as a compliment, sir," was the only reply Agatha could muster.

"It is indeed a compliment, hun," he slowly uttered. Agatha replied none.

As they walked down the staircase, the hard gripped Devon to the railing, his fingers turning white did not escape her attention.

Her hands behind her, "If you need anything, si-sir, just name it,"

Devon faced her, his eyes traveling from her head to toe in a not so subtle way, causing Agatha to blush and a little fury rising within her.

Clenching her skirt, tipping her chin upwards, "Good day to you too, si-sir," and with that, she left him all alone in the sitting room.

Agatha simply stood there behind the wall, biting her inner cheek, awaiting the sound of the door slamming, signaling his leave.

When she told Genesis about it that night, he gave her a confused look.

Ever since Agatha came knocking down on his door in the middle of a stormy night, sleeping together, before they knew it, Agatha was sleeping in his bed for a week now.

Of course, her things were still in her bedchamber. Genesis doesn't seem to mind sharing the bed with her, in fact, in all, he was pleased.

Agatha, with her forefinger, absentmindedly circling the sparse hair on his chest, his arm as her pillow, his arm draped across her waist.

"That's strange," he commented, his chin on top of her head.

"You must forgive me for being ru-rude to your friend a while ago," Agatha uttered.

His hold around her tightened, his arms used as her pillow stroked her hair, her eyes droopy, "Don't fret about it, sweetheart. Believe me, Devon had it worse when it comes to women, with all them slapping him and all,"

Agatha arched her brow, giving him a confused look. Surely, with Devon's charming looks and words, women are swarming around him.

"I don't know how to explain it, dear but you see, Devon has a habit of leaving women in inns all alone as soon as they're finished, you know and when two crossed paths again, the woman was furious," he explained, wincing.

Agatha looked up at him, biting her inner cheek before saying, "You don't happen to do the same, do you?"

There was a long pause after that. With that, even without his reply, Agatha knew the answer to her question, sadness consuming over her.

Genesis must've noticed it since he held her chin, their eyes meeting, "I was young and stupid, dear. Now, I know better and...and it's all because I met you,"

Somehow, Agatha found herself smiling over that, her arms encircling him tightening as she leaned against his bare chest, his sparse of hair tickling her cheek.

Genesis returned the embrace, his arms encircled protectively around her head as he smoothened her already-smooth bare skin, lulling her to sleep.

Genesis couldn't help but chuckle as his ears picked up her soft snore, twisting in his embrace until she almost fully occupied the bed.

Genesis woke up in the midst of the night when she felt her shift in his arms again, this time, even still in her sleep, she tightened her arms around him.

At first, Genesis thought she was having a nightmare again but then he heard her snore.

-

How are you all doing, guys? I apologize for not updating because I just got another job! With higher wages this time, and I do hope you're safe and vaccinated.