XXI.out of desperation

Start from the beginning

At the sound of her shriek, despite how silent it is, Genesis halted in splashing the water onto his face. Without any second thoughts, he raced towards the adjacent room.

And there he found Agatha cornered by Devon, a gun in her head, her eyes wide-eyed,  her lips trembling all while Devon almost choked her with his arm, his eyes red and wide-eyed as well, filled with anger.

"Wha-what...Devon, please, put the gun down," Genesis said, his voice rising due to panic. His eyes darting from Agatha was glued in her spot to Devon.

"I need the land, Genesis. I fucking need it," Devon screamed, his saliva slamming against Agatha's cheeks. Still, Agatha seems frozen in her spot, shocked, and scared.

"And I'll give it to you. Ju-just please don't hurt Agatha, please," Genesis pleaded, and when he tried to walk towards them, Genesis just pushed the gun towards her head more, warning him.

With that, Genesis stood a few meters away from them, both his hands raised, his heart beating fast.

Devon let out a sarcastic laugh, filling the chamber, "Can't believe you have fallen to this stuttering whore, Genesis,"

Genesis closed his eyes for a second, his clenched fists beside him, he forced himself to remain calm and not attack Devon. The only way they could make it through alive is by negotiating.

"Please just let her go, Devon. Please,"

Genesis was confused about what Devon truly wants. Can't he understand? Genesis is already willing to give the godforsaken ranch to him yet he kept blabbering nonsense.

His grip around Agatha tightening, letting his emerald eyes wander across the room, smirking, "Oh, Genesis, oh how I remember the wonderful sounds of their screams as we killed them, how we enjoy killing them especially knowing we'll get a fine land such this,"

"You were the only one who killed them, Devon. I tried to stop you, don't fucking tangle me into this nonsense," Genesis angrily blurted out, his eyes diverted to Agatha who was it seems like hyperventilating in Devon's arms. Her eyes staring in nothing as if she was in a different dimension. She did not even react to what Devon just exclaimed.

"Oh, enough of your ridiculous pretensions already, Genesis. I am fucking tired of it. Whether you helped me kill them or not, you still willingly accepted this land, and that's the ugly truth, Genesis," hollered Devon, the veins in his neck popping. Agatha meanwhile once again jumped in her seat whenever he screamed as if bringing her back to the scene.

"Let's face it, you may have not pulled the trigger but you buried them, Genesis. You are part of their death. Isn't that why you still haven't named this godforsaken ranch? Because you are eaten by your fucking guilt, you pretentious asshole,"

Genesis lifted both his hands in the air, "You're right. You win, I lost. You get the land, Devon. Now, all I want is for you to please just let Agatha go, Devon. Please, Devon. I am fucking begging you. You can have this land or those fucking animals, just let Agatha go, please,"

There was a long pause after that. Devon was about to open his mouth to say something when it was Agatha who broke the ice.

Her horrified screams filled the room, she was shaking so badly to the point Devon was struggling holding her in his arms. Still, she screamed and screamed like she was under such great pain.

Hot tears covered her cheeks, her lips quivering, her eyes red, as she screamed, "Please, sto-stop,"

Genesis and Devon stared at her, their eyes wide, shocked.

Agatha pulled her hair again and again, "Sto-stop please," she hollered, trembling, her hands shielding her body.

Her screams were so loud to the point it was starting to scare Devon, "Shut up!" he angrily said, pushing the gun to her head, causing Agatha to hyperventilate more.