Slapped

-Haneul POV-

I grabbed Hobi's hand as he helped me hop out of the car. I reached up as I stretched in place. It was barely beginning to get dark outside even after 30 minutes of driving. It took us about 5 minutes to convince the others of our idea and to make the five teams. We paid for each other's ticket and were finally taken to our escape rooms.

"Alright lets go in. And don't forget to text us if you need help or if you complete it or just if anything happens."

Soomin and Yeonha walked into their room, Namjoon and Jin into theirs, Jungkook and Taehyung into theirs, and Jimin dragged Yoongi into their room.

I wrapped my arm around Hoseok's arm as we walked in. It was dark and quiet and we could only hear our slow steps.

"Okay this should be easy."

Right when Hobi said that, a worker dressed in a horrifying serial killer costume came from a corner of the room and at us. We ran away from the actor and out of the room into the hallway. They left and Hoseok and I stood in the hallway side-hugging each other.

I turned to Hoseok, with my arms still around his waist, and fake cried into his chest. I could hear Soomin and Yeonha laughing at us from the opposite end of the hallway.

"Weren't you supposed to protect Hoseok, Haneul?" Yeonha cooed at me.

I took a deep breath in, filling my nose with Hobi's fresh scent. I turned to the girls and stuck my tongue out at them.

"I am protecting him!"

I grabbed his hand and pulled him back into the room and shut the door behind us. I put my hands on my hips and looked around.

"If there is anyone else in the room, now's your chance to leave... okay then we will begin working."

Hobi and I began working on the first puzzle. We zoomed through that one and finished in roughly 8 minutes. As we were putting a code into a lock next to door, another dressed up actor came running at us.

I looked over my shoulder and turned my body away from the door when I saw him. He ran at Hoseok then at me. I backed into the door and he shoved his face into mine.

I froze. Instinctively, I would've probably slapped him really hard. But my other instinct was to shut my eyes and curl up into a ball on the floor. Instead I just stood there, looking into his eyes, doing absolutely nothing.

He walked back and started seeming more human and less monster.

"Uh sorry... can you excuse me, I have to leave and you're kind of blocking the exit. Also, I didn't mean to scare you like that- I mean I did, I'm literally getting payed to do that but I didn't think you'd freak out like that... sorry, I have to move to the next room."

I moved aside and let him leave. The moment the door closed behind us Hoseok broke into laughter. I pouted at him before we began working again.