Chapter 25

Bella Madrid

"What took you so long, Marco? Muntik na kitang sundan." Natatawang tanong ko ng dumating siya matapos ang halos trentang minutos.

Akala nga namin naligaw sa loob.

"Ha?"

"Ikaw talaga, salamat." Wala sa sariling inabot niya ang sauce na pinakiusap ko at binigay ito sa mga kasama ko na agad rin nilang nilagay sa mga iniihaw namin.

"Are you okay?" I cupped his face, worry consuming me with his actions.

"U-uh yeah..." He cleared his throat. "I-I'll be with the guys now."

"Okay." Naguguluhang tumango ako sakanya. He sighed and suddenly pulled me into a hug.

"Hey, are you sure you're okay?" Hinaplos-haplos ko ang likod niya dahil sa higpit ng pagkaka-yakap niya at ang mabilisang pag-taas at baba ng kanyang dibdib.

"Yeah..." He breathes out and slowly moved away.

"I-I'll go ahead."

Sinundan ko ng may pag-aalalang emosyon ang papalayong likod ni Marco.

I don't know why but my heart is throbbing painfully at the sight of him walking away.

Bumuntong hininga ako at ipinilig ang ulo. Buong lakas na winawaglit sa isipan ang ideyang iyon. Silly. Why would my heart throb painfully at that sight?

"Bella." I was pulled out from my reverie when I heard my friend's voice.

Humarap ako at ngumiti kay Katherine.

"Yeah?"

"Magsi-simula na ang bonfire."

"Ah ganoon ba? Sige, tara."

Hinawakan ko siya sa pulso at nag-lakad na papunta kung saan sila nagsi-upo.

"Hey."

"Hey, baby."

I smiled when he kissed my temple the moment he sat beside me on the blanket and then I felt his arms settled on my waist. Sa katabing kumot naman sa kanan ko ay naka-upo sina Juliette at Katherine.

As I roamed my eyes around the circle with the man-made fire at the center, there's two persons sitting on each blanket and some were sitting on the beach-made sofa. Later on when everyone was seated and the drinks and snacks were equally distributed for the first round, Rina stood up while holding a barbecue and a soda one each hand.

"Alright guys." All ears are on her, "First of all, I would like to thank everyone of you for coming to our formal reunion and here in our casual one. The three days and three nights with you guys are truly memories to treasure and I know it's also the same for you everyone," All of us are nodding as we listened and agreed with her speech. Smiles are exchanged.

"Bonds were strengthened, friendships were reconciled, new heartstrings are made. Isn't it amazing?" She chuckled and then sighed before smiling.

"I won't make this long as I know you're all very excited to start this segment of ours so, let's end the third and last formal day of our reunion in harmony! Cheers everyone!"

"Cheers!"

Along with Rina and the others, Juliette, Katherine, Marco and I raised our drinks and we took a sip altogether.

Pagkatapos 'non ay nag-simula na agad ang pag-uusap ng bawat isa sa amin.

Casual and comfortable talks here and there.  Chuckles, giggles, roars, cheers, music jamming, reminiscing memories and creating new ones.