Chapter 5

Marco De Luna

"Thank you!"

I took a deep breath when she smiled at the delivery boy after signing the papers. Damn, calm down nerves.

Okay, he's just a delivery boy that she'll probably never meet again so I should not make a fuss if she smiled at him. She's just being her!

I heard footsteps and all I can see from the camera is her jaw and the ceiling, after a while, I can clearly see her now. Her upper body resting on the headboard and her messy hair that made her sexy, and the fact that she doesn't know it makes her even more sexier.

"Hey..." She finally greeted me.

"Got the package?" I asked.

"Yep!" She nodded her head and glanced at her side before returning her attention on me.

"What time's your reunion?"

"Six in the evening and I only have exactly six hours left to prepare."

"You don't need a lot of time to prepare, baby."

"And why is that?"

I shrugged my shoulders, she's naturally beautiful.

"Anyway, have you had your dinner yet? Gabi na diyan ah."

"I did." Pinigilan kong matawa ng pinaningkinitan niya ako ng mata niya.

"What's your dinner then? Hmm? Take out food?"

I laughed. Kilalang-kilala niya talaga ako. I looked at her and she's just giving me this goofy smile.

"Wala ang personal chef ko dito." Ani ko.

"And what, Marco? Your personal chef didn't taught you?" She playfully pointed at herself.

"She did but I was more focused on her than her teaching."

Natahimik siya ngunit hindi naka-takas sa paningin ko ang pag-pula ng pisngi niya.

"Ikaw!"

Natigil ang akmang pag-salita ko ng naka-tanggap ako ng mensahe mula sa kapwa doctor ko. I sighed.

"Oh bakit? May problema ba?" I shook my head.

"Just got an emergency text from William."

"Then babalik ka sa ospital?"

"Yeah,"

Sandali kaming natahimik na dalawa. Damn, kung hindi ko lang talaga kailangan gawing ang mga emergency surgeries ay hindi ako babalik doon. But I have to.

"Ingat ka, Marco."

"Call me honey again." Ngisi ko.

"What? No way." Iling-iling niya. Natatawa sa hiling ko. Damn, if only I'm beside her.

"Sige na or else, hindi ako pupunta sa ospital."

"Tinakot mo pa ako, oh siya siya." Umayos ako ng higa. Inaabangan ang tawag niya sa akin.

Damn! When I heard her message yesterday, I almost had a heart attack and that's fucking new to me! I'm a doctor! Heart is my specialty so how come I don't know the reason why I almost had a heart attack on her simple message for me? On why I can't seem to breath whenever she's near, whenever I hear her name and whenever I watch her? And why do I have this ill feeling of void now that she's not beside me?

Sht! I'm going crazy.

"Drive safely, honey. Eu te amo."

And that! She spoke it so soft and tender that It rendered my ability to speak just like the last time when I urged her even though I know she's with her friends and every time she do.