[9] Plan No. 1: ABORT (2)

Bang—

   A loud gunshot rang throughout the house.

   Clack—

   The knife on Renee's hands fell unto the floor. She was quite startled.

   She looked at the knife with a small hole in its blade.

   Then to the kitchen wall with the same small hole.

   The bullet just went through..

   It just went through the wall.

   A wall!

   Can you imagine how thick that wall is?

   And it's covered with tiles!

   But the bullet...

   "What is going on here?"

   A deep voice resounded. The tone was very calm, but they thought so otherwise.

   "Sir.", Yana wa the first to reply.

   Yana heard a call that her father in law would come and visit.This is why she went home as soon as she could.

   But she never thought he would arrive this soon.

   Renee finally rested her gaze on a man who looked like in his mid-forties, and furrowed her brows in confusion.

   Now, who in the world of chocolates is this?

   "I believe you must be Affrailliane. ", the man looked at her.

   Renee didn't say a word and unconsciously gulped.

   Somehow, she sensed a little bit feeling of familiarity within the air around him.

   Ah.Yes.

   No kidding but...

   This guy has the same aura as my deceased father!

   The man didn't mind her not answering and continued: "Is the people in the mansion mistreating you? Or..."

   He threw a quick glance at Yana.  "Did your mother not taught you enough."

   Yana wanted to protest but she didn't.

   She didn't have the guts to interrupt him. She couldn't even call him 'father'. This man was the one who held great opposition with her marrying into his son.

   When the news of her having a little possibility of carrying a child went through the ears of her father in law, the more his view on her dropped.

   Well, when she became pregnant, his attitude towards her rose a little bit.

   But when they learnt it was a girl, it decreased back to negative.

   It went even lower when they lost the baby. This man really pushed her and her husband to divorce.

   Thankfully, she came up with a plan, and the father in law didn't press them into the matter of divorce any longer.

   "Ha.", the man chuckled slightly.

   He narrowed those pair of brown eyes.His gaze    seem to be seeping through Renee's thoughts as if studying her.

   " Is this really my son's daughter?", his question was directed to Yana.

   Yana, on the other hand, shuddered a little. She could feel the suffocating air around them.