[2] Who am I? Where am I? What am I doing?

Standing on a place above a cliff was a familiar man. The look on his jade white face was blank, cold, and distant.However, the dull, hopeless azure blue eyes of his made the whole atmosphere around him went desolated and gloomy.

    Accompanied by the heavy rainfall on top of him, he looks pitiful and lamentable.

    Standing, not far from him, was Renee.

    When she saw him, especially the sorrowful look on his face, Renee's chest tightened even more.She tried screaming out to him.She tried to get his attention, yet, nothing seems to work out.

    No matter how loud she called out to him,and no matter how she tried inorder for him to notice her, nothing seemed to pay off.

    She tried going near him, but the moment she tried reaching out to him, her hand just went past through.Allegedly, as if she was a ghost.

    No matter what she does, she seems to be invisible to the man.

    So, all she could do was to watch him: Watch him looking so down and hopeless, watch him looking so dejected.

    Those tears that fell of from his eyes would seem as if they were raindrops coming from the rainfall, but it didn't escape from Renee's watch.When she saw him cried ever so silently, she broke down again.

   "Why must you go?", the man said.

    He looked right above up to the sky and closed his eyes, " Why can't you be with me?"

    "Why can't I be with anyone?"

    "Why must everyone I Iove turn away from me?"

    "Why!?",he cupped his fists tightly.

    "Why must they always take my happiness away from me?"

    The man was silent for a moment, then turned to stare at the horizon featuring the red,ball of sunset.

    Although it was currently raining on the place he stood out, no clouds covered the sunset's view at all which gave off a bit of mystical feeling.

    When Renee heard him say all of those words, she couldn't see clearly anymore.Her tears were blurring her eyesight and her constant sobbing made her unable to breathe properly.

   The last moment before the scene in front of her ended, she saw him uttering something,however she did not manage to hear what the man was saying anymore.

    "... Miss!", a worried voice of a girl was heard by Renee constantly calling out to her as she slowly fluttered her eyes open.

    "Young Miss!",  A young girl seemingly at the age of 18 or 17 years old came into her view.She has brunette hair tied neatly into a bun and was wearing some kind of a maid uniform.

    "What?",Renee asked in a confused tone as she just woke up and can't think things thoroughly straight.

    As she was yawning, she suddenly noticed that the maid in front of her was an unfamiliar person.

    Renee's eyes widened in shock as she abruptly went up to sit down and looked over the sorroundings.

    The big, soft and fluffy bed she was currently sitting in wasn't hers!

    This big and and fluffy pillow she's currently hugging—she clearly don't remember having a pillow like this!

   And this big, luxurious room—she doesn't remember having her room remodelled!

    "Young Miss!Thank goodness you're alright.", the girl beside her gave off a relieved sigh."When I walked pass the door, I heard you talking and sobbing.I was worried and you didn't answer my knocks and calls so I decided to get in, and when I did, I saw young miss crying in her sleep."

   Who's this? Where am I? Did someone abduct me while I was asleep?

    The brunette girl, then, looked worriedly at Renee,"Young miss, did you have a bad dream?"

    Renee furrowed her brows and rubbed her eyes to see if she was really crying, and it turned out that she was really crying. 

    She,then, remembered that dream she had.That particular dream—she already dreamt about that like for how many times already, and for some particular unknown reason, she find her face and pillow wet because of her tears.

   But.. but..she clearly remembered that she was in a small room with plastics of food all around and the little futon which was under her before she slept. 

    "Young Miss..? "

   Renee turned to looked at the girl in maid uniform intently.

   The young girl was starting to feel a 'bit uneasy about her young miss' weird stare.

   ".. Is there something wrong.. ?"

   Renee threw aside the foreign pillow she was holding, stood up and clasped the shoulders of the girl using her two hands. "Who am I? Where am I? And what am I doing? "

   The maid was startled that she almost screamed.

   "Y-young miss... "

   Renee retracted her hands from the maid's shoulder, moved her gaze on the big, spotless, clean sorroundings and went to sit down slowly.

   ".. od.. ood.. ", she muttered underneath her breath.

   The maid looked at her confusingly with a slight nervousity on her tone, "What did you say, young miss? "Are you perhaps, possessed by something?

   ".. Food! ", Renee suddenly exclaimed.

   Renee's sudden exclamation almost exploded the poor maid's already profusely beating heart.

   "I'm sorry. Did I startle you? ", Renee's tone suddenly went gentler then she looked to the maid.

   However this time, her eyes were shining and the whole universe seemed to be twinkling on her deep, black eyes. ".. Do you have food? I need to calm down. "

   Calm down? I think I should be the one to calm down.And.. What is that sudden change of expression?  The maid bowed slightly to avoid her gaze and said, " Breakfast is already served downstairs. Visitors came in, too with Master and Mistress.  "I can't. Why does the young miss' indifferent expression suddenly turned to look like this? This..it caught me off guard! 

   "If I may, I will leave young miss to change. "

   "No need. Downstairs right? Thankyou. ", Renee was really confused of the sudden situation.

   Food. I need food. Food fills up my empty brain. I need to recover.

   The maid seemed to be frozen and only recovered to her senses when she heard the sound of the door closing.

  "Ah.. Young miss, Wait! You haven't changed yet! "