[26] You're not alone

I'm scared.

 "Sorry to do this to you kid but I really need to do this."

Somebody...

"They say all children go to heaven. Don't worry, you won't have to suffer like I do."

Mom...

This part of the cave was huge and dark. Hawk was hiding behind a huge stone while a boy who seemed to be in his early twenties covered with dirt and dried up blood was smiling manically  trying to look for him.

When he entered here, he didn't know what to do. The voice didn't tell him anything. 

As he was looking around, he saw this pitiful looking older brother and a teen-ager looking boy. They told him about what's happening here.

They had to kill one person in order to go out.

Hawk was of course, horrified.

The older brother said he had been at this place for about 4 years. The younger one wasn't here for a very long time but was here for about a week and mentioned that this older brother had helped him survive.

 If they were required to kill one person in order to get out, and the older brother was here for four years, Hawk let down his guard a bit. Both of them looked like they weren't lying and with their convincing words, they finally managed to get his trust.

They hid for about a few hours while they heard screaming and uncomfortable sounds of agony echoing throughout the cave.

Finally, the older brother volunteered to check and look for food. The teen-ager boy was worried and insisted to come with him so Hawk was left to stay right where he was.

However, not long after, he heard a familiar voice shouting.

The voice was from the older brother calling him.

He immediately ran towards the source of the sound.

And then he saw him standing with tears on his face.

He told him someone had killed the other boy while he wasn't looking and the culprit had ran away the moment he saw the older brother come.

While the older brother beckoned him to come over, he saw the silhouette lying behind him.

But before taking a step forward, Hawk thought of something. He observed the older brother once again.

And that's when he noticed that the older brother was hiding something behind his back.

Knife!

The older brother seemed to noticed Hawk's hesitation and tried to call for him once more. 

But Hawk wouldn't move. Hence, his patience ran out and finally dropped the act for once.

He took a step back and dragged what was hiding behind.

A dead body of a boy who looked like a teen ager.

The body had multiple stab wounds and his eyes were even gouged out!

Seeing this gory scene, Hawk found himself running as fast as he could before he could even think.

This training was even worse than those multiple assassination attempts.

That assassin indeed trying to kill him but at least he could feel that he wasn't serious about it.

This guy, however...

"Kid, don't make things harder for me. I only want to help you."

Hawk closed his eyes and pretended not to hear anything.

He has no one by his side now.

From the moment his mother died, the world suddenly turned over and now he was suffering in the flames of hell.

He felt extremely unfair.

What if he had went to an orphanage instead?

If he had known this place was awaiting for him instead, then he wouldn't have to be scared about orphanages.

"You mentioned your mother just died recently right? And now there's no one by your side. Listen, if you die, wouldn't you be finally reunited with her?", the older brother was sitting while tapping this knife on a small rock.

Hawk froze.

" Your story seemed to have been spoiled by another ink. Let me help you fix it."

All this time, Hawk though about his mother.

Finally, he took a deep breath.

If all of this ended...

He stood up straight and went out from hiding.

When the older brother saw him, he let out a soft smile. " Fine. You look so sad. I will set you free as quick as I can."

Hawk stood still and as he waited for death, he closed his eyes slowly.

The older brother stood up and slowly went to his direction while holding his knife.

''Little bird''

He finally heard his mother's voice calling for him.

Mom, I'm coming.

"Little bird!"

Hawk furrowed his brows. The voice seemed real coming from somebody.

He opened his eyes and saw someone dashing towards him.

Her face had an obvious expression of worry. 

"...mom?", he whispered to himself.

Renee immediately embraced him as tight as she could. 

Hawk could feel, Renee's fast heartbeat.

"You had me worried to death! Do you know I almost died when I saw you just standing there when that guy was about to kill you?"

Hawk trembled..

"...If you had.. in that situation...ahhhh! Don't you ever do that again!"

It was the first time he heard Renee's worrying voice. Although she seemed a bit mad, he could feel Renee's hand lightly massaging his back.

His eyes couldn't hold his tears any longer.

He slowly raised his hand and clutched unto Renee's shirt. He cried silently on her shoulders.

"Sorry. I'm sorry", he apologized.

Renee continued massaging his back.

"I'm sorry."

"It's okay. I'm here,"

"Sorry...", he repeated.

" It's alright", she said softly. "I'm here now."