[28] What genre is this?

"How did you..", Hawk rubbed his eyes as he tried peaking at where that big brother stood before.

Where was that big brother?

Renee blocked his view and held his shoulders.

"Listen..", Renee hesitated before sighing. " Your life is really such a mess."

"..."

" It would've been cool if I say I would keep you from being traumatized by these crazy stuff happening around you but I wouldn't be able to stand up to those words."

Hawk lowered his gaze.

It was true. He was even surprised he managed to keep his sanity and nor go crazy.

" From a reader's point of view, a character with a twisted past sounds really cool but now that I get to see these all myself, it is really better to keep fictional stories..well fictional.", she mumbled.

Looking at Hawk, she lifted up her spirits. " It's alright. You got me."

She grabbed his hand. " Let's go."

Hawk squinted his eyes. " Wait."

"ah?", She looked back.

Hawk scanned the surrounding once again and saw the big brother lying flat on the ground. "...what happened to him?"

Renee also looked at the guy he was reffering to.

" He's dead."

Hawk furrowed his brows a little. " How?"

" Ah. Sister Alex over there broke his neck.", she pointed at a dark corner behind the rocks.

Hearing his name, Alex went out from hiding. He lit up a torch and showed himself.

His clothes were a little messy with few tears and dirt here and there. There were also traces of dried up blood on his face.

However, despite of those things, it did not make him look dirty. Contrary to that, his soft features and long, wavy, blonde hair, made him look like some sort of a runaway princess.

With a gentle expression, he smiled. " I am a boy, miss."

"Tsk. How unfortunate.", Renee replied with a look of pity while she was about to stride forward.

Hawk suddenly tightened the hold of Renee's hand and refused to move.

Renee looked back with a reassuring gaze and smiled. " Don't worry."

Seeing her face, Hawk couldn't help himself but to trust her words.

Both of them went forward to Alex.

" Let's go. You said you'll get us out of here."

" We still need one more body.", Alex replied.

Hearing him say this only did Renee and Hawk notice that he was holding a leg of another boy's corpse.

Renee almost wanted to vomit.

" Ahh! You really brought that all the way here?!", Renee covered Hawk's eyes while she averted her gaze on the corpse.

Alex looked at her with slight confusion.

He paused before saying: " You will also need to drag that guy over there too."

He was reffering to the older brother who just died.

Hawk slowly brought Renee's hand that were covering his eyes down. " It's alright."