[19] No, wait. Plan No. 3 Actually Succeeded! Yay!

The man with glasses couldn't help but twitch his mouth when he saw the young girl squatting unto the ground while humming some kind of unknown song.

"Young miss.", his tone now held a great hint of threat. "Do you want to be dragged out of here?"

"Mr. Guy...", Renee maintained the smile on her face. "Do you have some food?"

"...", what now?

The man had enough of this rubbish talk and swung his hand as giving some kind of signal. "Guards."

The moment he let go of this one word, two men emerged from behind the trees. The guy need not to speak any further as they already know what to do.

Renee stared blankly at them.

These guys..

One of the guards immediately went to capture Renee while the other went to carry the unconscious little boy.

"Ugh...",a little voice groaned from the ground before the guard could even touch him.

The boy rubbed the back of his head while he groggily opened his eyes and sat up with difficulty.

"Hey! Put me down. This is physical assault.", Renee was being carried by one of the two men. Her stomach was at his shoulder while she repeatedly struggled.

"What happened?", his oceanic blue orbs were a little teary. They all turned to face him.

The man with glasses suddenly froze upon seeing the boy.

...or more like the boy's eyes.

"Wait.", he was reffering to the guard who was going to proceed in carrying him out. The guard immediately withdrew his hands and tool a few steps back.

Renee heard the boy's voice. She stretched out her neck and called out to him. "You're awake!"

The boy furrowed his brows. He looked at the situation before him.

Renee was being held by a guy, and an old man was staring at him.

The sirens from before continued ringing not far away and they were in the woods. The sun had also showed up.

The old man tried to fix the rim of his glasses as he looked like he couldn't believe what he was seeing.

Those eyes..

"Who's your mother?", he asked.

The boy narrowed his eyes and stood up. He observed the scene once again.

He patted off the dust on his clothes and put his hands on his pockets.

"I am indeed her son.", he said as if knowing what the old man was curious about.

The old man's eyes widened a little and then paused.

He looked at the young boy once more then sighed.

"Follow me.", this was meant for the boy. He glanced at the guard with him and commanded: "To the base."

"I shall give this girl to the people outside.", the guard who held Renee stated.

"What? No, wait.",she kept trying to wiggle out.

The boy stared at her endeavoring figure. He seemed to have thought about something as he opened his mouth: " She's with me."

Upon hearing this, the old man told him: " Those were sent from her family."

The boy nodded his head. " I know."

The old man hesitated for a while. He shook his head at the guard and Renee was finally put down.

"Shoo those flies away.", he clicked his tongue and ordered the guard.

If he let those people hover around the corners of this property, it wouldn't take too long for them to finally gain some irritating boldness to do some pestering inorder to gain approval for entrance.

Troublesome, yes. However, the boy requests for this spoiled, seemingly uncultured young miss.

Alas, if he wants to, then I won't refute.

The oldman was displeased but he could only extend his patience.

•••

If you thought their way to the said base would go smoothly and both of them would immediately follow them, you're wrong.

They finally started walking but Renee was still pasted on the same ground.

The man noticed this but he just sneered. What an irritating little girl. If she doesn't want to come then don't come!

They got further and further away but Renee still had no plans to follow them.

A few minutes had passed...

Suddenly, the boy stopped on his tracks.

"What's the matter?", the old man also stopped.

The boy kept turning his head as if trying to look for something.

"Where's that sister?", he asked while his eyes still continued to roam around trying to find Renee.

The old man's expression dimmed but then showed a helpless reaction thereafter.

Hence, they went back on their tracks.

"Are you two friends?", he asked.

"..no.", the boy paused a little while before answering. "..but my mother likes her."

The old man was curious.

"Does your mother have some sort of relationship between her or and her family?", he was puzzled. This thought should be ridiculous.

"I don't think so. I heard she was the one that saved my mother. Maybe that was the reason.", the boy answered without thinking too much but his chest clenched for a bit. "though she..."

He couldn't continue his words.

Sensing the boy's mood, the old man thought something bad must've happened. "How did that girl save your mother?"

"...I heard a truck had some defect on its breaks. She was the one that went and saved her."

"Where is your mother now? Is she--"

"She's unconsious.", the boy stated which cut off his words.

He was reffering to the figure a few distance from them.

Not far away, they could see Renee's sillhuoette lying on the ground.

A guard rushed to take her. When they saw her face, it was pale. And she was burning hot.

Seeing this, the old man ordered to hurry to the base at once. It wasn't because he cared. To be honest, he couldn't care less even if Renee died.

It was because for a second after seeing her, something flashed through his mind.

The old man seemed to have thought of something.

The boy somehow sensed it. Although he didn't exactly know this old man's motive, his instincts told him he was up to something.

The old man appears to show interest in Renee all of the sudden.

The reason why: the boy didn't think it had to do with their conversation just now.

Whether the old man had good or bad intentions...he didn't know.