Chapter 10

I'm so sorry I didn't post yesterday. Crap hit the fan after work and I was unable to.

Enjoy!!

"I can't believe you convinced me to go out of the country," I mumbled as I grasped Danny's hand. I was a bit nervous.

I was never one to want to leave the country— the only place off the mainland of the United States was always Hawaii. And I totally would've been happy staying at Danny's... or our... place for the whole two weeks that our honeymoon would be.

Danny was dead set on getting out of the country... Even though I was beyond nervous to be flying about waters that were uncharted and didn't necessarily have people nearby.

Danny squeezed my hand back and chuckled. "I can't believe you actually agreed. But we'll have a great time. You'll love the island," he said, a sparkle apparent in his eyes

I arched an eyebrow and tilted my head. "The island? Are we going to Sicily then?" I asked, since it was the only island that came to mind.

A smile made its way to his face as he shook his head. "Nope. Well kind of. It's a small island off of Sicily called Panarea," he told me. "I think you'll love it. It'll be the perfect place for us to spend time together."

"Oh... do we plan on leaving the island to go anywhere?" I questioned. If I was overseas, it would probably be a great time to sightsee at the places I'd probably never see again.

"If you'd like," Danny replied. "Our flight out is from Rome, so I think it would be nice to check that area out... But only if you'd like to. We'd only have a day and a half in the area..."

I nodded. "That'd be cool. Do you think that there could be any way to see Pompei? I think it's so fascinating," I told him. "It's no American history, but it's some cool history nonetheless."

Danny nodded. "I can definitely make some calls when we land. You love your history," he said a big smile on his face. "Why didn't you go to school to be a history teacher?"

I gave him a disgusted look. "I don't want to deal with other people's kids," I joked and let out a long yawn. "That's not fun."

Danny chuckled and shook his head. "You're getting sleepy," he stated. "How about we take naps? When we wake up we should be pretty close. We will have to take a boat over to the island, too."

I nodded, knowing I could use some sleep. There were supposed to be some big storms within the next hour, so I would definitely want to be asleep for that. "Okay, only if your shoulder can be my pillow," I mumbled, my eyes wide.

Danny smirked. "Of course," he told me, "but you have to share your blanket with me."

I playfully rolled my eyes. "I suppose I can do that," I joked as I leaned against him and passed some of my blanket over.

"Sleep tight, babe," he said as he pressed his lips to my head and laced his left hand with my right one.

The last thing I remembered was tracing his wedding ring with my thumb before falling asleep.

***

"Jame... We're here," Danny's soft voice woke me up.

I let out a huff and sat up before looking at him, then to my surroundings. We weren't in the plane anymore... were we... on a boat?! "Where are we?" I asked upon realizing it was completely dark.

"The boat just docked at the island. I was able to get our bags on the boat, but we should probably be quick to take them off so they can get a move on it," Danny responded as he picked two of his bags up.