Chapter 6

"There, Hun," Katie's mom, Laurie, said as she looked at me in the mirror. "Do you like your hair like that?"

I looked back at myself and barely recognized who was in the mirror

I looked back at myself and barely recognized who was in the mirror. "It's great," I mumbled. "I haven't had my hair done like this in so long!"

She smiled back at me and grasped my shoulders. "You're going to make him so happy, James. You're so beautiful," she told me. "Now do you want me to have Katie come over and help with your makeup when I'm done with her hair?" I nodded.

"Jamie, does my dress look okay!?" Amelia asked as she moved toward me. When I turned around, there she stood wearing the red bridesmaids dress that I have fallen in love with.

"You look awesome, Amelia! They tailored it to the right length!" I pointed out

"You look awesome, Amelia! They tailored it to the right length!" I pointed out. "Gronk is gonna think you're irresistible! And he's gonna love your make up!"

She smiled back at me and let out a sigh of relief. "Thank god. I just don't feel like myself right now," she said as she sat down at the edge of the hotel bed.

I giggled and nodded. "I know exactly how you feel. Hey... it's about 2 hours before we walk... why don't you go and get the bottle of wine?" I said to her. "I think we should all toast now!"

All the girls were stressed, and I could feel it. Fuck, so was I.

"Jam Jam!" Leo's voice pulled me out of my concentration. I looked down to see him looking up at me with wide blue eyes.

"What's up, bud?" I asked as I pulled him up onto my lap.

"Unc Danny! Danny!" He said with a big smile. He was an absolutely adorable kid, and I couldn't wait to see him continue to grow up.

I nodded. "Yeah, Uncle Danny and I are getting married today," I told him. "Danny is excited you'll be in the wedding."

He clearly had no clue what I was saying, but those blue eyes lit up at the mention of Danny's name... Just like Jules. Like father, like son.

"Unc Danny... Mawy..." He gave me a toothy grin.

"Yeah. I'm gonna marry him," I told him. I dipped down and placed a kiss on his forehead. "Your mommy should be over any second to help you get in your little tux..."