12

Destination: Home

Time: 12:00 AM

POV: Yours

I woke up in the middle of the night.

I keep having dreams of my dad pushing me off.

I cannot imagine what would happen if Miles never caught me.. I got up and saw that the city's lights were awake. I got up and walked to the door. I grabbed a hoodie and my wallet, and got outside.

It has been 2 weeks since the incident, Miles tries talking with me but is scared.

I called a cab and told them to drive me to NYC.

As we made it, I went to the empire state building.

It called me, I should be scared, but I wasn't. It was closed. But I didn't care.

I found a way to go in.

I went to the rooftop.

I saw the lights of the city flickering. It was beautiful, all the screens, the lights, cars, people looked like ants. I felt someome tap me. I turned around, "Miles-" "I know its weird I followed you.. but I was worried and- I wanted to make sure you were okay." he said. "I am, don't worry." I said turning to the view, the exact same spot where he pushed me off. 

I could almost see his hands pushing me off.

I closed my eyes shut, then felt a sting, I opened my eyes and turned to Miles, "Did you pinch me?" I asked, "What- no!" he said, I looked at my hand and saw nothing, "Oh, must be in my head then." I said.

"I am hungry, and school starts tomorrow. So let's grab a bite." I smiled, his eyes softened, and his lips grew into a smile, "Okay, sounds great." he said.

We walked down and found a random diner. 

It was those late night diners, well it was closed but someone was inside, I knocked, they opened it, "You guys are lucky it has been slow today." an employe said. We smiled, "Thank you." we both said in union.

We sat down and ordered a shake and burgers.

"You know, you are really strong for dealing with all this, right?" he asked, I drank my soda slowly, "I don't show the fact that I am sad, but deep down I am hurt." I said, he held my hand, "You can be open with me... you know that right?" he asked, I nodded, "I am just not fully ready to take in the fact that my dad.." I whispered, "Is.. not the hero I always thought he was.." I finally said.

Our milkshakes came in.

I could feel his eyes staring into mine, hoping I would look up. But I can't I am weak, no one can see me weak.

"Look..." he started, "I know it's hard knowing someone you love is not the person you thought they were, you lost them, but you know..." he lifted up my chin. "We are here for you." he said.

"I am here for you." he finally said.

I grabbed the hand he lifted my chin up with and held it. 

"Thank you Miles." I said.

Someone came in.

We both turned around, "Gwen!" I smiled, she sat next to me, "Something told me you guys would be here." she said putting her arm around me.

"How ya doin?" she asked, "Surviving." I said grabbing my milkshake and licking the whipcream off.

"You do that too?" she asked, "Duh, I love whipcream." I said.

"Uh, why not mix it together?" Miles asked, we both turned to him, "Excuse us?" "Who would do such a thing!" I exclaimed.

"Well I mean- it makes the shake taste sweeter-" "I cannot look at him right now!" Gwen said, "Disgrace." I finished.

"Okay Gwen, I was talking to Y/N about her dad, basically telling her, we are here for her." Miles explained, Gwen turned to face me, her blue eyes scared me for a second.

(writing this made me wanna write a gwen x reader fanfic-)

"Hey Y/N.." she said, "Yeah?" I asked, sipping from my milkshake afterwards.

"We all lost someone here." she said, "It is hard, you might blame yourself. But at the end of the day." she grabbed my milkshake and drank from it. 

"We are here for ya." she said once she finished.

I pouted.

"What! You look like you need help with it." Gwen smirked.

I turned to Miles, "You deal with this?" I joked, "With pain!" he said dramatically.