28

POV: Yours 

Destination: School

"YOU GUYS KISSED?" Nat whisper shouted, she grabbed my arms and we started freaking out excitedly together, "FINALLY!" "I know! Thought this day would never come." "Hold on! I thought Gwen and him... ya know?" "God no! Nothing like that, Gwen and I cleared the air. So everything is fine!" I said as I leaned on my locker with a smile on my face.

"Speak of the devil, Gwen is coming, sooo, I will let you two be." Nat said as she glared at Gwen and walked away.

Gwen walked next to me and leaned her shoulder on the locker, "What was that?" she asked.

"Natalie doesn't like you." "Oh. Why is that?" "Thinks you want Miles." I said as I faced her.

"Hey, so have you talked to Miles?" she asked, I nodded with a huge smile. 

"I'm guessing more than talking happened?" she said with a small smile, "You wouldn't  believe it." "Well I can, he'd be crazy to not want you." she said as she looked deep into my eyes. I nervously laughed, "Well, yeah, anyways, seen Peter Parker?" I asked she quickly stopped looking at me the way she was, "No actually. He kind of disappeared." Gwen said as she looked around, "Weird stuff has been happening lately, don't you think?" she asked.

I nodded slowly, the bell rung, "Btw, seen Miles?" I asked, she shrugged before walking to class.

I sighed and walked to AP Lit and sat down in my normal seat.

Huh, weird, she's normally not that awkward. Well, maybe she just needs a girlfriend. Maybe I can set her up! Oh wait she isn't out yet. Right, wait. Things have been weird, Peter is missing, after he kept getting those weird calls.

Should I be worried? I mean, if something is happening this big, it can affect Miles. 

//Time skip//

"Gwen!" I shouted as I ran up to her. She looked at me, "Hey, what's up?" "Let's hang out! I feel like we've never actually gone out with you!" I said.

She thought it about it for a second, "I don't think you'd want to patrol the city with me." "Please! I do it with Miles a lot... you'd be surprised how used to it I've gotten to it." I said, she chuckled, "All right, let's do it."

We went to an alley way and hid behind a dumpster as she revealed her suit under her clothes, "Ready?" she asked, I put on a tight ponytail and nodded, "Learned the hard way how bad the wind can get." "Well Miles is also a little too reckless when it comes to going from building to building. But I promise I'll be smooth." Gwen said as she grabbed my shoulder, "Hold on!" she said as I held on, and she raised an arm to stick a web on a tall building, lifting us up.

"Holy shit this is awesome!" I said as she swung me around.

I saw an old lady getting robbed and gasped, Gwen quickly swung down and kicked the robber with her foot while still holding on to me.

She put webs on the guy and returned the bag to the lady, then swung us back up.

More small tasks happened, guy robbing store, us jumping in and webbing them, bank robbery, apparently Gwen was good at this, too good!

After a while we landed on a tall bridge.

"Holy shit Gwen!" I said as I turned to her with a smile, "That was fucking awesome Gwen! I have done this a lot but you were- shit!" I said as I looked at her in amazement, "God you're making me feel like I'm the best spider hero out there." I gasped, "You are!" I said as I walked backwards, "Y/n!" I gasped as I tripped and fell down the bridge, my eyes widened as I saw Gwen's eyes widened and she didn't know what to do.

I didn't know if I had to scream or not, I just felt all the cold air hitting me, Gwen dived off the bridge and reached her hand out to get me, I lifted my hand and my watch fell, I heard the cars getting louder and louder, suddenly web came out of my wrist out of panic.

It reached a pole on the bridge and it lifted me up, "GWEN!" I shouted as I hit the pole but stuck to it, I gasped for air as I looked out how I was hanging, my arm holding the rest of my body as it dangled in the air, I grabbed the pole with my other arm which immediately stuck to it like glue.

Gwen swung back to me and grabbed my body and took me to the other side of the bridge, NYC.

Once we reached ground, I sighed out of stressed, "WHAT WAS THAT?!?" she shouted in confusion. 

"I don't know! It just happened- Shit Gwen the watch Miles gave me!" I freaked, "FORGET THE WATCH! YOU HAVE AN ACTUAL POWER! You're one of us!" "What?!? Gwen there is no way!" I said as I looked at my hands.

"Listen Y/n, you cannot tell ANYBODY! If people find out YOU can do things like this, you'll be a target. And I cannot risk loosing you." I looked at her and frowned, "Look, I know I sound over protective but a long time ago I lost a friend, his name was also Peter. Ever since then I had a hard time making friends, Miles was the first friend I made in a while. Then you walked through those doors in the diner, and I didn't know what to think. All I knew was that your dad was a bad person, then Miles brought you in our lives more. And you-" she started looking at my face as I stared back with worry.

"And at the night of the party, Miles was like staring at you the whole night-" "Is everything okay?" we heard a voice, we both turned around and saw Miles.

I ran up to him and tackled him with a hug. "Woah! someone missed me!" he said as he hugged me back.

I realized then Gwen never finished her sentence so I stood up and said "Hey Gwen, sorry, continue what you were sayi-" just to find out she was gone.