Chapter 18

BEFORE-

Slowly, my mom gets up with a soft breath. "Honey... All this time...... AND YOU DIDN'T TELL US ABOUT YOUR ALIEN GIRLFRIEND!" Running up to Spinel, she grips one of her goofy gloves and shaves it with pure joy. "Thank you! thank you so much for being in my daughter's life!

"Whaaaa?!" Spinel's face flushes up in many colours of red on her face. Confused she looks at me but I had no words either to this situation.

"You did us proudly (Y/N)!" Walking up from behind me I felt a pat on my back and suddenly my face was matching Spinel's in being all flustered up. "I mean we'll have a talk about the whole dying and being brought back to life thing later... For now let's enjoy our day, as a family!"

"A... Family..." Spinel mumbles out softly under her breath.

"Yes! Since your with our daughter your part of our family! Oh, how we would love to hear everything about (Y/N)'s girlfriend!" My mom exclaims. Seeing Spinel's face, I saw a sense of hope light in her... Almost as if she wanted to cry out of pure joy. It made my heart beat faster.

"Yeah... I-I would love that! A family..."

NOW- (Spinel's POV)

Sitting on the couch motionless I gaze outside the window looking up at the stars. Looking up now feels a lot different than before... I remember I use to stare at these stars for years on end happily, but now looking back I don't feel the same feeling I had when in the moment. After I found out the truth. Now when I see the stars, I don't feel like I'm trapped and that I can choose to look up at them other than being forced to use them as some sort of silly distraction.

And now I can see how beautiful they really are.

Glancing down I looked at the small box I held in the palm of my hands. I asked Bismuth could help me out on what rings humans wear, though I wasn't really excited about it being a Diamond... So I guess I did a fewwww alterations, but I really hope (Y/N) will love it as much as I do.

Shutting my eyes I tried to envision the moment. I practise a hundred times, and I want to practise as many times more so I can get it perfect just for her. She deserves the best in the world and all I can do it hope that I'm enough.

Stepping off from the couch I kept my eyes shut to picture the moment. taking a deep breath I open the box in my hands and reach it out in front of me.

"(Y/N)... Ever since we met I knew there was something special to you... The was you were patient with me, were kind to me and always stood by my side through the rough times. I know for certain throughout all my life, I've never been as happy as all the moments I've had with you... And that's why it would make me the happiest gem in the whole galaxy if I could spend alongside with you... Will you (Y/N) (L/N), marry me?"

"Oh... my goodness...."

!!! Shooting my eyes wide open I tumble backwards and snap the box shut. Looking up I was met with the teary eyes on (Y/N)'s mom. "O-o-oh! Mrs. (L/N)! I c-can explain..." Quickly I feel my whole body heat up in pure embarrassment.

"No need to explain! I accept!"

"I... I ughh... didn't propose to you... you see I-I was just practising for um... Proposing to your daughter...." Stumbling through my words I felt everything in my speech fell apart. I could only hope she was able to make sense of what I was saying.

"No! Dear no! I know you're not proposing to me, I already got a ring on this old finger. I meant that I accept you as my daughter in law."

"Wait! you can't adopt me! Then it would be weird for me and (Y/N) to be together!"

Laughing slightly she walked over to me and lend me a hand to help me up, which I hesitantly grab. "Dear, I'm not adopting you. A daughter in law means that you are the wife of my child, so I would end up being your mother in law."

"R-really..." Smiling happily she returned it with a simple nod. "Wow... thank you..."

"Of course, so when do you think you're proposing? I would hope to be there if I can."

"I was thinking about doing it.... Tomorrow...."

"Tomorrow it is then"