Chapter 11

Before

Everything was still, and I looked at (Y/N) for what could have been for the last time. Why... why did she leave me? Why did she leave me behind... We pinky promised...

"I-I... Love you (Y/N)" Was all I could say before everything faded away.

Now

Steven's POV

A sharp exhale leaves my mouth as the sound the Spinel's gem hits the floor. What did I do... I-I poofed her... But she was going to attack us before I could speak. This was surely going to create problems later on but for now, (Y/N) is the top priority.

"Steven! Are you alright? What do we do with her now... She's going to be even more furious." Pearl picks up the gem, examining it. Worried covering her face.

"I had no other choice! She was going to hurt (Y/N)..." Stressed out, I run a hand through my hair, gripping it and tugging it slightly. Though, we can't deal with Spinel right now.

Going in front of Pearl, I take the heart gem away from her and bubble it. My eyes stare at what's left of Spinel. I felt bad but it had to be this way for now until we could revive (Y/N).

We didn't want Spinel to know about her passing away... I knew that she would have a bad reaction, we planned to hopefully get (Y/N) back so that she could explain to the gem about what happened since us trying to tell Spinel wouldn't work. It was a dreadful moment when we felt how cold (Y/N) was. We had put her unconscious when we were working. We didn't think enough blood had come out for it to be fatal but maybe it had to do with the infection reaching a vital organ.

I remember crying and having to leave the room for a bit to try and get thoughts in order until I knew I could save her. I did the same with Lars I could do the same to (Y/N).

We tried to get Spinel distracted by having Garnet and her go to Little Homeworld or maybe walk around at best. But... she wouldn't budge. She didn't listen and stayed by the beach shore, waiting.

"You did the right thing, Steven." Garnet put a hand on my shoulder, presumably looking down at the bubble as well. It was hard to tell from her glasses.

I only gave a simple nod before putting my hand on top, sending Spinel away. "Peridot? How much of the rejuvenator been taken out of (Y/N) so far?"

"U-umm... We are currently around 10.7 percent. I'm still treating the wounds on her back though I'm not able to do much. Every time I touch her it sends out an electrical current through her organic matter, stopping me from continuing."

Curiously, I sit down next to Peridot who was focus on (Y/N). "Do you know why?"

"I assume that the defective Rejuvenator when being swung into (Y/N)'s side, took placement in her... I believe due to it taking an awhile before reaching its lethal stage, the fluid had difficulties battling the resistance humans have. But as soon as it did that's when it found a magnetic pull to gems. Though... Something must have been altered to even cause pain to our forms but doesn't seem to have the same effect a normal rejuvenator has, which is to restart gems. I guess you could call it Gem shocking, you're lucky that it doesn't seem to shock you as badly."

"Must be because I'm still half-human?"

"Yes, maybe"

In the silence, we heard thumps of someone running up the stairs. It quickly was shown to be Connie as she dashes into the room in a panic.

"Steven! I'm sorry! I just got your message and came as fast as I could!"

Relived I get up and give her my best smile. Right now it was difficult and she easy could tell, looking at me in sympathy until her eyes drifted towards (Y/N) laying motionless and her face immediately saddens. "So it's true... She's gone..."