Chapter 6

Before

"Spinel..." Was all I was managed to say before my eyes felt heavy... This can't be it right... Is this what it feels like to move on...? N-No I knew that wasn't it! I'm not done! but it was too heavy to think... All I could do was try to keep my eyes open, staring at the pink heart on the ground. I miss her already... I miss her so much.

We'll make everything better... I

know we...

...will...

My eyes shut slowly into a deep slumber. My whole body going limp.

Now

Ugh... my head...

Sitting up slowly I rub my aching temple as I scan around the room. Okay. I remember fighting with Spinel with a... beta rejuvenator, as she called it. It hit me in the side sending this shock throughout my body, paralyzing me. Spinel also got hit with it... wait SPINEL?! Sh-she poofed! And I'm in my bed...?!! That means she must be back already!

Quickly I throw the covers off me and rush to stand up but pain causes me to hunch forward and fall on the floor. Wh-what the?! SH!... Grunting in pain I hold my side desperately, tears trickling out of my eyes. "S-Spinel!!" I cried out, being alone right now is something I don't want... I don't know what's happening... I just need someone! Anyone.

"Spinel! Please! Someone!?"

"You know me?..."

Opening my eyes in a panic I turn to the door to see Spinel... But she was different. Her Pink hair was even brighter than before and was in two pigtails shaped like hearts. The black marks down her eyes have vanished and overall her style became more round and adorable. Though her gem seemed to be upside down... .ugh? right side up into an actual heart.

"Wh-what... Spinel? Are you playing a game with me?"

"Oh! Games! I love games! What game ya wanna play?!" Instantly her eyes light up as she runs towards me, smiling from ear to ear. "Though..." Tapping her chin goofily the playful gem glances down at my stomach "I don't think you're really gonna be able to? I found you sleeping on the floor with a weird pink mark on your side." Giggling she talked even more "I never knew it could be comfy on the floor... I tried to join you but I didn't get it all, so I moved ya here instead! See much better!"

"Th-thanks..." A pink mark? Focusing at my side there was seeming to be like a scar of some sort. It was weird to look at but it was very uncomfortable. Any sort of movement seems like it sent a small wave of shock throughout where the wound was. Guess that what happens when you get hit with an alien weapon... "So you don't know who I am... Correct"

"Nope! No clue! I think I don't anyways?" She tilts her head, walking around me trying to take a good look to see in anything clicked. "Hmm..." Tapping her chin she stretches her face really close to mine. "I don't remember you but I like being near you? Thats all I got!"

"This can't be good..." I whisper to myself before speaking out loud "well, I'm (Y/N). I guess we were best friends before you lost your memory"

"Wowie! A best friend! I never had a best friend before! Spinel's eyes sparkle in delight. "Ugh... What's a best friend exactly??"

Getting up slowly, the small pink gem looks at me in wonder, waiting for me to talk. "Mmm, I guess it's when two people care for each other and try to make one another happy and support one another as you both grow and change? Thats sort of a rundown of it."

"That's sounds so cool! Well, a pleasure to meet you my new best friend (Y/N)!" Bowing down the gem tips an invisible hat in a gentleman way. I wasn't used to all of this... Maybe Steven would know what happened? I sure do hope so. While she was really sweet like this, I missed my Spinel.