Chapter 2

Before

"Hmm..."

I guess she went to make sense of what I just said as she looks ahead, rubbing her hand over her mouth. Way to embarrass the human race as well.

This is going to be a long walk.

Now

"Alright human, this is Spinel's room"

Facing a beautiful carved pink door with flowers, especially roses. I was stunned a bit "Oh.. Thank y-" Turing to seem more polite and make eye contact, I noticed that Yellow Pearl was already on the move to head back "mmm... alright then."

Now turning my head back towards the door I hinged my breath slightly as I didn't know who I should expect. Letting all my anxiety be pushed down I knock on the door.

"L-Leave me alone! I told you already, I don't want to see you!"

"Actually, we never met before so you haven't told me yet" I give a soft smile, even though I knew for a fact she couldn't see me.

"Huh-h... We never met before... L-Let me guess! You were forced here, weren't ya! The Diamonds told you to go deal with me for them! Didn't they! Well too bad! I'm not opening this door."

She must have almost had hope as her first few words were spoken with a soft sadden voice. I never saw this gem before but I knew that I wanted to help her feel better.

"No... Well technically they said that I should so they can spend more time with Steven, but we actually came here to check up on you, so I was going to come no matter what they said" Taking a deep breath I continue "So, how about you let me in? I want to talk and try to help with what's going on. And don't worry you don't have to be scared of me, I'm actually just a human. You can trust me"

"...I... don't know...."

"Please Spinel... Staying here alone won't make you feel any better. I would know..."

...

...

...

"O-okay... I'll t-trust you..."

Just then I hear a snap and a click as the door creaks open a smidgen. Leaning over to the side, I see nothing but darkness. Here goes nothing... Putting my hand on the door, I feel almost a slight chill radiating from the room trying to steal any bit of warmth from me. I pushed my way in slowly. Seeing the room a bit from the light shining through, almost everything was scattered on the floor and broken. Most things seemed like things Steven would enjoy but covered in pink.

BANG! Jumping in my spot I turn to see the door now tightly closed.

"U-umm... Spinel. I-I can't see a thing..."

Now I'm scared. Backing up quickly to the center in desperation to get a hold on anything I notice I can see a figure in the shadow by the wall, sitting down.

"Spinel? I-is that you? I'm coming over...." I begin to saunter over, instinctively putting my hands out in front of me. With every step, I could hear the soft whimpers coming from the gem to know I was going the right direction.

"It's going to be alright... I may not know what's going through your head right now, but you can talk to me... Since I know your name it's only fair you know mine, I'm (Y/-!!"

While walking over in the darkness my foot gets caught on something hard on the ground. I trip forward, shutting my eyes tightly for impact but it never comes.

"H-Huh...?"Opening my eyes and regaining my senses. I feel something tightly wrapped around my waist, keeping me levitated in the air.

"Sorry for the mess..." I hear the gem say. It sounded like they were crying from how squeaky their voice was "I-I guess I didn't plan for guests..."