Chapter 8

Before

For now, everything was just perfect for me. This is how I want to stay, hopeful with Spinel at my side. The mere thought of it makes me darken into a deep red. And the flapping of the butterflies in my stomach was a comforting welcome.

How come I felt this way towards the gem? It was infatuating to me, bring life to a whole new meaning. But why? Why her?

Do I love Spinel?

Now

"Ouch!"

Jumping on the chair I was poked in the side with a weird needle of sorts. I was terrified by the fact Peridot needed a sample of my side so she could do something that I didn't fully understand when she explained. My wound doesn't hurt anymore after having a good sleep last night. Though, the pink scar is still present.

Spinel was right beside me, holding both my hands for comfort and to make sure I don't accidentally punch down on whatever Peridot was doing to make matters worse for myself. To make this, even more, embarrassing my top was tied up very high up on my body to reveal my whole stomach. Normally I wouldn't care, but with Spinel here I couldn't help but make this whole situation awful even though I fully knew Spinel didn't know how humans work and didn't pay any mind to new skin. The only thing she was curious about was the weird hole in my stomach which I had to explain was only my bellybutton. Though the silly gem seemed to focus on what was on the Tv at the moment which was a weird camping show?

Actually, this was the second attempt to help fix whatever is happening down there. We tried a more... Natural alternative way of doing this which was to let Steven use his spit to heal my side. Connie was also there as well and tried to link it to any sort of human wounds but both didn't work. Steven even tried to awkwardly kiss my side to see if it had to go directly onto the wound for it to work but, still nothing. Nothing except Spinel being very quick to push the poor boy away as soon as I was done and pull my top down for me.

Connie and I were good friends and knew I was not interested in Steven at all. In fact, I shipped both of them together, she seemed very interested in how everything was between the gem and I. Not in a cautious way but more poking fun at why I now seemed to be the one to hold onto her.

Quickly I was snapped out of thought when Peridot moved away from my side with a syringe with vibrant pink fluid swashing in the syringe from her movement. It made me feel nauseated looking at how that stuff was part of me.

"Hmm... That's odd."

"That doesn't sound good..." While I was talking with the short green gem, Spinel was working on untying my top for me. I didn't pay her any mind as I wanted to focus on what Peridot had to say.

Getting a shrug from her, she continues "I don't know yet... Steven was hit with the rejuvenator awhile back but experienced no side effect with his human half. You, on the other hand, got hit with an unstable version that seemed to done SOMETHING to your organic body. I... just don't know what yet.

Clenching my teeth I was terrified. There was a pink fluid going through my body?! Spinel's pigtails seemed to seep down hearing the news as well. I knew that she was holding immense guilt, always scared to look at me when reminded of what happened.

"I'll be running a test with the sample I got from you. It won't be simple since I need to check that rejuvenator without, One, touching it, and Two, get homeworld's documentation on it that ran awhile back when it was used."

"What do we do while waiting for you to finish up with that?"

"I dunno." Turning to put the pink fluid into a container she was too focused to bother making eye contact "Go do those human things you like doing. The arcade is something to waste time in."