Chapter 15

Before

And with that, hand in hand we walked back to the house. It was a peaceful walk of talking about the month we have missed in the other's life. Spinel didn't have much to say since she was locked in her room for the whole time. But she seemed to have become more self-aware, trying to slowly love herself.

It made me feel all fuzzy inside holding the one I hold dear again be right here next to me. It made the adventure home something from fiction. Nothing felt real but that was okay with me, as long as I was happy. Happy with Spinel.

Now

Walking down the street, I had earbuds on, just tuning into my playlist of songs to put me in a good mood. Currently, I was on my way to Steven's to check if there was anything for me to do. It seems like it's been a long few months, but everything is starting to come together. This was a new era for the gems, and even us. I'm a teacher for LittleHome School. I aid the new gems to learn how humans work and find a human companion for those new gems to help get caught the wonders of the earth with someone who they can get to know.

I guess I was a pretty good choice for this role? Me not technically being fully human, I am stronger not and not as vulnerable. We did have some accident but most were an accident, we just needed someone who can stay safe if there were something to happen that could but a normal human in danger.

Spinel was doing good as well. She has been improving as well with dealing with the trauma she has suffered through. But now the pink gem, while sill very attached, she was talking to more people. Though it was still concerning how she wasn't interested in making new friends, actually she seemed to give up on it. With her lack of social skills, nothing lasted very long. I send her a quick text to meet up here after she was finished with her session today.

Turning to have the beach in view, I noticed a very odd shadow lingering down. "What the?...." Picking up my pace I was greeted with a large pink ship reminding me of a pink diamond sword of some sort. It also had a halo around the top half. Overall it looked very beautiful, though from what I know, there always seems to be someone going on when a ship is here.

Peeking through the door, I strangely couldn't see anyone. Opening the door quietly I sneak in, only to hear the footsteps of someone walking down.

"Oh hey (Y/N)" Calming my heart a bit, I noticed it was only Steven's dad, Greg. Opening his mouth he continues, "The ship outside is the zooship Pink Diamond had. Guess their here for a visit. Though... Their not a huge fan of me since... ugh... last time."

"Mmm... Well wheres, Steven now?"

"He's in the warp den. Can't miss him!"

Nodding slightly I walk up the steps and peek into the room, overhearing a conversation.

"As long as she is not ga-reg, she is welcome" Was the last thing I heard before the screen shut off. Steven and Amethyst were standing, seeming to about to head onto the warp pad.

"Hey, Steven! Who was that?" Wandering into the room, I make the pair turn their heads in a spook.

"Hey hey hey! (Y/N)!" Amethyst calls out, giving me a finger gun, I instantly replicate her and let out a small giggle.

"H-huh?! OH! (Y/N)!? That was Y6 from the human zoo, were on our way to say hi. Want to come? If you're not busy that is"

"Sure, Spinel will be here really soon though. I'll just send her a quick text to let her know where I'll be" Shuffling over to not waste their time, I multitask by pulling out my phone and letting my girlfriend know I'm on the Zooship in front of Steven's house after she's done.