Chapter Twenty Eight

Start from the beginning

Madison 🌸:
Happy Thanksgiving bestie!
I love you!

I respond to her text with a picture of Taehyung and I and wish her a happy Thanksgiving as well.

Megan:
Happy Thanksgiving!

Emma:
Happy Thanksgiving roomie!

Mom:
Happy Thanksgiving sweetie. I love and miss you!

I smile at receiving a response from her and Taehyung smiles along with me, rubbing his hand on my arm.

Lucas:
Happy Thanksgiving

Taehyung stands up and sighs out at the sight of his name popping up on my phone while slipping his shirt over his head.

"He has your number?" He asks with an obvious annoyance on his face.

"Yes babe. He does need it for work purposes next week." I reply rolling my eyes.

"Taehyungie, stop it. Look at her. She clearly loves you." Uncle Kim chimes in as he takes a sip of his coffee.

Taehyung reluctantly lets it go and sits down next to me as I turn to look at him. I kiss his pouty lips and then pepper kisses quickly all over his face until he starts to smile again.

"I don't like him." He says quietly.

"I know, but you like me right?" I whisper back.

"No."

I frown at the sharpness in his word.

"I love you." He smiles, making me giggle and roll my eyes.

"I love you too. Come on, let's go watch the parade." I grab his hand and lead him towards the living room.

I grab the remote and find the correct station and sit down next to Taehyung as he wraps his arm around me. He begins to ooh and aah at the large balloons and marching bands shown on the street and I smile wide at his child-like behavior. To me, I've seen this a million times and although a tradition, it doesn't excite me as much as it did as a kid. But since this was his first Thanksgiving, it's all new to him and it warms my heart seeing his eyes grow wide and point to specific things.

"Have you ever been to this parade? Where is it?" Just as he asks the question, it cuts to a commercial break and the host mentions that they're in New York City. He nods at the answer he was given.

"No, I haven't. It's really cold there this time of year, too. Lucas said he went as a child since he grew up there." I respond not thinking about what I was bringing up.

"Lucas." He huffs out. "Will I be allowed to come to the gallery?"

"Of course you will. Any time. All day if you'd like." I smile up at him.

"Good. I want to meet him."

"So not to see me, but to mark your territory?" I tease.

"Oh, I already did that." He runs his finger over the mark he left on my neck yesterday leaving a trail of goosebumps.

I smile and kiss his lips. "You know you don't have anything to worry about, right?"

"I don't?" He pouts as I sit up to look at him as I shake my head. "But I'm not around all of the time anymore. What if you get lonely? What if you decide to move on? What if I get boring or you catch feelings for him or someone else? I know you're mine, but I can't help but to worry."