Chapter 13: Mail Trucks and Old Apartments

You felt your heart race when you noticed the mail truck through the window, parking right in front of Rose's house. You got up from the couch, walking outside, feeling the heat from the sun. Right, it was summer now. It's been at least a month since you left home. You wondered what your parents were thinking, were they concerned for you? Had they already gone to the police? What about your friends?-

You stopped. You faintly remembered having a conversation with your friends prior to first teleporting here. You thought for a second.. Hmm.. Something about the comic- Oh wait!

You remembered how your friend had warned you not to accept the terms the comic had given you. Wait. How many others had said yes to the question? Did they also end up here? Was Hussie behind all of this? How was he able to do this shit?! Did he fucking do this on purpose?! Did he realize how much of a dangerous situation you were in?! Was this done deliberately?! Did he want to put so many people at risk of-

You felt a hand on your shoulder. You looked up and met the eyes of the mailman, who seemed to be concerned for you. You realized you were trembling with anger, your hands clenched into fists.

"Hey, kiddo, you good? You seemed a little out of it." He adjusted his hat and reached behind him and pulled out a package. "This is for you, yes?"

He gave you the package and tipped his hat, returning back to his truck. He sent you one last glance, before driving off.

You looked back at the package, it had Jade's handwriting on the back, in bright green. This was it, you were going to play the game. Honestly, you really don't want to. Well, you do but- You had spent an entire night contradicting yourself in your thoughts.

You liked being with these people, you really did. They were some of the closest friends you had, even though you'd only known them for a month. But, if you played this game, you would probably die, or doom their entire timeline and you would all die. You also feared that once you had gotten too invested into this world, you'd only be ripped away from it. Like waking up and finding out this was just a dream, or just being pulled away from it in general.

The thought send a shiver down your spine. What if this was all a dream? What if this was just some long dream you've been having? What if you're actually in a coma or something?! What if-

"(Name)! What are you doing out here?" John called out from the door, still in his pajamas. You four had once again gone to the mall to instead get John some new clothes. You decided that you would all just be staying at Rose's house until you started the game, being separated again would probably be a hassle. John has already messaged his dad that he would be staying with a friend for a while. Surprisingly, Mr. Egbert didn't seem so phased.

"I- uh- package." You simply replied. You turned back to the house and went back inside, passing Egbert as he curiously looked at the mysterious package in your hand.

"What is it- OOHH!! Is it the game from Jade?" He looked at it with excitement, already appearing jittery to start the damn thing.

"Uh, yeah. It is. But we might have to lay off of it for a sec, we shouldn't start right away." At your words he looked at you in curiosity. You gulped.

"I mean, I've told you before and I'll tell you again. We should really just cherish the last moments we'll have on this planet. We won't be returning to it." You looked at him with the most serious face you could muster. You could tell he still wasn't taking you seriously.

"Yeah. Okay, whatever.." He walked away, back upstairs to Rose's room. Sighing, you turned towards the living room, spotting Dave chilling on the couch, listening to his music. You walked over, taking a seat next to him.