Chapter 9: Back Together and A Witch of Space

A sudden vibrating noise from Rose's computer causes your head to perk up. A call? From.. who? You stand up, and shake Rose awake. Oh, right. I forgot to mention, you were up at 3 AM because you couldn't sleep. Dave snored way too loud.

Rose yawned and slowly opened her violet eyes too look at you.

"W-what is it?" She asked sleepily, rubbing her eyes and looking at you expectantly. You gestured towards her computer and she stood up, stepping over Dave as he preferred to sleep on the floor. She sat in her chair and clicked the answer button, the screen being suddenly jump scared with a concerned looking John.

"Rose, have you heard from Jade? She's not answering my calls, or messages." Rose gasped and opened a new tab.

"No, I haven't. How long have you been contacting her for? I haven't spoken to her in at least two months." Rose began pestering her, but none of her messages were read. "She doesn't answer me either."

John sighed and leaned his head against his desk. "Alright. I'll call you again when I hear from her. Bye."

Rose hung up and turned to you. Her eyes looked over to a pile of paper, and you knew exactly what she was hinting at.

"I-I don't know about that, Rose.." You pause and lock gazes with her. "I mean, Jade doesn't even know about me, I'll just freak her out..."

"Not if you take Dave with you." She beamed gently and glanced down at her brother. "I think she'll understand if you bring him. I mean, I'm pretty sure they're on the verge of getting together." She chuckled and looked over at her computer screen.

"You should try it tomorrow morning. I'll get the paper and pen ready, then we can get back to sleep." Rose grabbed a piece of paper and, ironically, a green pen. She set it on her desk and made her way towards her bed, climbing under the covers and smiling sweetly at you.

"Goodnight, Rose." You smile back and lay down on the floor, grabbing your blanket and falling into a deep sleep.

"So, what's the plan again?" Dave yawned and leaned against the desk, adjusting his shades. You slid the piece of paper towards you and grabbed the pen.

"We go over to Jade, see what's up, and maybe bring her over here." You link your arm with Dave's and glance towards him. "Ready?"

"Ready." He smirks and unplugs his phone, placing it in his pocket.

You start drawing Jade very quickly, again feeling that goddamn lightheaded feeling. You close your eyes and stand closer to Dave, the darkness enveloping you.

Surprisingly, you land on your feet this time. You quickly glance next to you to see if the Strider made it, and he did. He opened his eyes and searched the room for his friend.

Both of your eyes landed on a sleeping Jade. Her glasses were slightly crooked on her face, and her dark hair was pretty messy. You walked over to her and poked her on the nose.

Her eyes fluttered open and her bright green eyes landed on you and Dave. She sat up quickly and adjusted her giant circle glasses.

"W-wha- Dave?! And who are you?!" She backed up into a corner, similar to how John reacted when you first met him.

"No need to worry Jade, they're not gonna bite." Dave sighed and gestures towards you. "This is (NAME), and they're just here to see what's up with you."

Her eyebrows furrowed and she crossed her arms.

"Nothing is 'up' with me, Dave. Also, how did you guys even get in?-"

"No, you haven't even answered our goddamn messages for like a month. What's goin on? You can't expect us to just-"

"That doesn't give you an excuse to break in!!" She huffed and turned towards her weird ass computer. She typed a few things before showing a disk that was in her hand.

"This is why I've been ignoring you guys. Well, not ignoring." She paused and looked towards the two of you. "I've been really busy, okay? I really want to play this game with you guys, but.. I just.. needed to get ready."

Jade violently shook her head and sternly looked at you both.

"But how did you get here? You most certainly didn't fly here, so.."

"Teleported." You simply said. Her eyes widened and she shook her head again.

"What? That's not-" The sound soon drowned out of your head and you looked at the floor beneath you.

Game? What game? We're they going to play Sburb already? What if you messed up their session because you're here? What if you doom them all? What if-

"Yo, (NAME), you okay?" Dave put his hand on your shoulder and Jade had a look of concern on her face. "Is something wrong?"

"Um.." You looked over at Jade. "Is the game you wanted to play.. possibly Sburb?"

Her eyes widened and she nodded her head, causing her glasses to tip slightly.

"Yes! W-wait, how did you know?" She cocked her head to one side, almost like a dog would to it's owner when it didn't understand something.

"Is this the game you were talking about? Where we like, destroy the world or whatever?" You nod and Dave seems a little taken aback.

"How do we-" Dave was interrupted by Jade putting up her hand to signal him to shut up.

"I found these discs, and John seemed interested in playing it. So.." she sighed and looked out her window.

"I have a feeling the end is near."