Chapter 11: Patchin' up and Forgetfulness

"(Name)?" Rose called out from the bathroom. "Can you hand me some more bandages? They should be in the cabinet on your right!"

"Y-yeah! I'll be right there!" You opened the small doors to the cabinet and pulled out a first-aid kit. You opened it and took out several rolls of bandages, just in case.

Rose was finishing patching up John, with you having a bandage wrapped around your neck. John had a bit of bruises and injuries due to being thrown around the most. Bro didn't even land a finger on Rose or Dave.

Speaking of Dave, he hadn't came out of Rose's room the entire day. He was most likely sleeping and resting, I mean, who could blame him? He literally killed his abusive guardian a day prior, what else would he be doing other than resting and trying to get his mind off of it?

You walked back into the bathroom and handed Rose the bandages, faintly hearing her chuckling and commenting about it being way too much. You sighed and looked over at John. He still seemed a bit shook, his face looking a little out of it. His glasses were slipping off of his nose and he didn't even seem to notice, keeping his gaze on the floor.

"(Name), are your bandages too tight?" Rose asked, peering up at you with her cat-like eyes. You noticed how sharp they were, and how they perfectly matched up with her personality. You shook your head gently and glanced up at the ceiling.

Damn, shit really went down, huh? You had just buried a body and you were only 13! What would your parents have to say about this? Now that you thought about it, what were your parents up to? Were they worried about you? How much time has passed while you were gone? What's been going on in your world?

The more you questioned, the worse you felt. You crouched down and whimpered, catching the attention of the two in the room.

"(N-name), what's wrong?" John called out, his voice shaking. Rose put her hand on your shoulder and leaned down to try and inspect your face. You were frowning, and your eyes were watering.

"I-it's.." You couldn't help it and the tears fell, leaving tracks on your face and your eyes bloodshot. "I don't know what's happening at home, and I just participated in a murder, and I'm lost, and I'm not sure what to do-" Your breath hitched and you looked up at the two of them. "How are you both so calm? We just buried somebody and- and!-"

The two friends enveloped you in a hug and you cried in their hold. How could these people that you've only known for a little while feel like you known them your whole life? It was so weird, to be comforted by what was a strangers touch, though what felt like family.

"We're not calm, (Name), we just have our own way with dealing with it." Rose softly said, running her slender fingers through your hair in an attempt to comfort you. "And we promise to help each other get through this. We can only count on each other with this." She pulled away and smiled sweetly at you.

"Y-yeah! W-what Rose said! You can count on us when you need it, okay? You can always talk to us!" John giggled and showed his signature goofy grin. "And about your home, I'm sure we'll get you home eventually!" He brought his hand up and ruffled your hair.

"Actually, couldn't you have gone home anyway?" Rose chimed in. "You have teleportation powers, and you could draw them and come back to us when you can, right?"

Oh my god, you were actually retarded. Why were you crying about not going home when you have your teleportation powers?

"Right!" You ran and got your notebook and pen that Rose had gave you and sat down on the bathroom floor. You brought your pen down on the paper and-

.

.

Wait..

What did..

Who were..

What did your parents look like again?

You stopped, sweat dripping down your chin and your head spinning. What did your parent's faces look like? Haven't you known them your entire life? What about your friends, you've got to remember your friends..

The pen hit the paper and you desperately tried to remember the faces you once knew and loved. It rolled out of your trembling hand as you brought your hands up to cover your face in shock, dampening your fingers as your tears were streaming down your face.

What was wrong with your memory? Why couldn't you remember the faces of your family and friends? Why couldn't you even remember their names? What was happening to you?

"(Name), (Name)! What's wrong?!" Rose called out and shook you, shooting you back into reality as you pulled your hands from your face.

"I.. I can't remember anybody from my world.." You curled up into a ball and hugged your knees to your chest, silently crying while Rose and John left their hands on your shoulders. You were doomed.

————————————

Dave sat up from Rose's bed. What the hell, when did he get there? He didn't remember a thing, other than-

Oh..

His brother was dead, he remembered.

He killed him.

He groaned and looked down at his lap.

Where was everybody?

He stood up and stretched, hearing the satisfying 'pop!' and dropping his arms back to his sides. He opened the door and walked out into the hallway, hearing close to silent sobbing. He grew curious as he tracked down the source of the noise. The bathroom.

He peered inside only to see you curled up in a ball, the obvious source of the crying. He then saw John and Rose with very sad and concerned expressions. Did something happen while he was asleep?

"Guys, what's wrong? What happened to them?" He asked, his shades off and scarlet eyes full of worry and confusion.

Rose looked up at him and explained. "They can't remember anybody from home. Not even their parents.." She leaned her head against your shoulder, sighing and again running her fingers through your hair.

Dave crouched down in front of you and pat your head. You looked up at him, the tears still streaming down your face.

"We're both going through something, let's help each other."

He raised his pinky up and held it in front of your face.

Your eyes lightened and you shakily brought your pinky near his.

The two of them intertwined and you four smiled.

You knew for sure, you all were going to get through this together.

Okay, so the next chapter will take a while longer due to it being equal to like 5 chapters lol so look out for that. I've also been working on the illustrations and those will also be gradually added to each chapter so also look out for those! Okay, see you guys in the next one!!