Chapter 1

The whistles was blown signaling that the match between Seirin and Rakuzan was over. Seirin won the match, the score was 106-105.

“YES WE WON!!!!” shouted the team. After that all of them go back home.

-- -- -- -- -- -- --

Kagami Pov

The team and I went to Maji burger to celebrate winning the winter cup. Then I notice Kuroko wasn’t  there. “Coach.. I think we should remove Kuroko from our team”. I said with no hesitation or guilty in my voice.

“why? Kuroko already helped us to reached this level. He was a strong and good player. I… I…. can’t remove him just like that!!” coach said with shocked yet sad expressions.

“But I thing he is becoming weaker and slower. Beside he already fulfilled his promise to make us number 1 in japan, so we don’t need him anymore and I don’t need him as a shadow.” I had said with an annoyed expression that can be seen on my face.

Then everyone felt the temperature drop. “How could you say that?!” there coach yelled out.“He is a very valuable player to this team, without him we wouldn’t have won!” the coach screamed.

“Yeah, I agree with Kagami-sempai. If he was on the bench we would win a whole lot more.” A first year said. Everyone on Seirin beside the coach agreed. Little did they know there was someone hearing the thing they had said.

Kuroko Pov

I went to Maji burger but when I got there I was heartbroken. “Coach.. I think we should remove Kuroko from our team”. I heard Kagami said with no hesitation or guilty in his voice.

“why? Kuroko already helped us to reached this level. He was a strong and good player. I… I…. can’t remove him just like that!!” I heard coach said. ‘At least there still one person who care about me. Thank you coach.’ I thought as I felt warmness in my heart.

“But I thing he is becoming weaker and slower. Beside he already fulfilled his promise to make us number 1 in japan, so we don’t need him anymore and I don’t need him as a shadow.” Kagami had said with an annoyed expression that can be seen on his face.  When I heard that I felt my heart was breaking but I still had the emotionless face.

Then everyone felt the temperature drop. “How could you say that?!” the coach yelled out.“He is a very valuable player to this team, without him we wouldn’t have won!” the coach screamed. ‘Coach thank you for defending me’ I thought.

“Yeah, I agree with Kagami-sempai. If he was on the bench we would win a whole lot more.” A first year said. Everyone on Seirin beside the coach agreed. ‘Am I really that useless? No! they don’t know who I really am!’ I thought.

He then walk in to the restaurant. “Hi coach.” Kuroko said. “Ahhhhh! When did you get here?” she was worried he had heard what the Kagami and everyone said earlier. “I just got here.”  i said.

“Hey, kuroko where were you?” Kagami said. But Kuroko ignored him. “Anyways, coach can I talk to you in private?” Kuroko asked. “Sure?” she was confused

Riko Pov

Me and Kuroko walked outside. “Just so you know, I heard what they said.” Kuroko said as tears were coming up. She was shocked, she never seen him cry. “T-that n- not w-what you h-heard?” she said as more as a question then trying to reassure him.

“No I heard it perfectly. I want to quit the team but I want to show you something. Can you get the others over to the basketball court?” Kuroko said. Riko walked inside and said.

“Hey, everybody we are going to the court!” she yelled at everybody including “But why?” everyone said.
“Honestly I don’t know either but Kuroko wanted to show us all something there.”

“I don’t see the point of listening to that weakling but sure.” Kagami said as he start to walk to the basketball court.

Kuroko Pov

When I saw my teammates, no, former teammates. I walk to them. “So you thing I’m weak huh?” I had said as he was holding a basketball ball by his side.

“Oh, so did you hear us then can you quit the team?” Kagami ask.

“Oh, I already did. I just wanted to show you all something before going.” He then pull the ball away from his side. Then he shot behind him not looking at the basket. Then a swoosh was heard.

“That what I wanted to show you. Anyway, I thankful I didn’t tell you. Thank you coach for believing in me but I have to go.” Kuroko then walks away.