Chapter Twenty: Molly Girl

“Why am I nervous?” said Travis.

We all collectively rolled our eyes. “Don’t be a pussy,” laughed Josh.

Travis opened his mouth quickly to fire back a slick response. Thanks to the past few months, I was able to pick up on stuff like that. Because of this, I cut him off, warning, “Travis, if you plan on saying some stupid joke involving my best friend’s coochie, please don’t.”

“Wow,” he held his hand to his heart. “You know me so well!”

Marianna playfully hit his chest before focusing her attention to the little ball in front of her.

“It’ll take around an hour to kick in. Maybe less if it’s your first time,” Raven explained, walking around our circle passing out the molly. “Don’t chew it, because you’ll definitely regret it. Just pop it with some water.”

Everyone nodded as she took her seat between Jasper and Mari. Next to-- or should I say under-- Mari was, of course, Travis. Beside him sat Josh then Sierra, followed by me and Reece completing the circle. Although we were next to each other, I was on edge about what would happen tonight.

“Oh, another thing,” I remembered. “Your jaw might feel super tight and you’ll want to clench your teeth together. It’ll feel super good, but your jaw will get sore, so it’s better to chew on something tough.”

“All these warnings are making me anxious, man,” said Travis. “With weed, all you gotta do is smoke, and you’re blessed.”

“Exactly!” Marianna agreed.

Wow, those two really were perfect together. Finally, on a count of three we took the bombs.

We sat, talking amongst ourselves for around half an hour, until I felt Reece turn to me. “How do you know when it’s hitting?”

“Uh, well, the lights get kind of mesmerizing. That’s why people take it at raves and stuff like that. Soft things and warmth start to feel really good too,” I said. Of course, I held back the part about telling people how you feel.

“Got it,” he replied, before stretching out and crossing his hands behind his head. I took that moment to admire the way his biceps flexed. Trailing my eyes up and down his body, I finally rested on his long, dark lashes. Without opening his eyes, the corner of his lips began to twitch upward. “Stop staring at me Mal.”

Before I could think of a witty response, Josh returned from the washroom with a funny expression. Soon, he was hailing up Travis. “Honestly, man, you’re my dawg for real.”

My eyes met Raven’s and I bursted out laughing. “I think it’s hitting,” I whispered.

While Josh and Travis engaged in a battle of who appreciated who more, I felt something snake around my arm and pull me closer.

Shit.

I was not ready for this. Why did I think this was a good idea to begin with? Did I really just drug him to get what I want? And the girls let me do it? Was this even legal?

No, calm down. He’s a grown ass man and he agreed to it.

As I tried to gain control over my rapidly beating heart, I prayed that he would start talking before I did.

Reece cuddled up against my arm, looking as if he was ready to fall asleep.

“You okay?” I nudged him.

“Where the fuck did you get this sweater from? It’s soft as hell,” he mumbled, pushing his face further into the fabric.

I smiled and began to play with his hair with my free hand. This was something that I would never ever get tired of. The feeling of his curls slipping through my fingers while the smell of his shampoo wafted up to greet my nose. Soon, he switched his position to laying in my lap, still playing with the bottom of my sweater. One of his long fingers grazed my stomach and I shivered.
He parted his perfect lips, but soon closed them like he changed his mind about speaking.